Jack Grealish: Manchester City make £100m bid

28 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

I think they (Villa) are adding to their squad to cope with the loss of him. 

Interesting to see if he links up with Kane - which we only saw glimpses of with England but I would bet that Pep thinks it’s a dream pairing. 

Keeping in mind he already has Sterling and Foden at his disposal.. 

He’s nearly got a more ambitious England front line than the one we got from Gareth. 

I’m genuinely undecided on if Villa should sell him or not. I don’t think they are cash poor and unless they can use that money to bring in 2-3 players that immediately improve their squad (and replace Grealish) then I think it gets a little complicated. It’s madness that £100m to a team that was only in the Championship a couple of seasons ago is even up for debate but that’s where we seem to be with the game now..

Guess the aspiration for them is Leicester's ability to sell and reinvest without harming their status as a top half club. Villa have spent an absolute shed load over the past few seasons just to stay up and looked like they were on for a good season before petering off. Keep Grealish and benefit from another season with a more established squad and they should improve. Lose Grealish, sign a few players and you're probably looking at the same outcome albeit a season later.

23 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

No, I don't think Villa can replace him very easy for 100m to be honest, it's crazy but 3 average PL players would likely cost 100m 

Buendia already in. 

Bailey, Ward Prowse and trying for Smtih Rowe. 

I'd say that's good business for Villa

21 hours ago, Putney said:

Guess the aspiration for them is Leicester's ability to sell and reinvest without harming their status as a top half club.

Good idea. For this reason I’d take the 100m off City (who Villa and most clubs aren’t going to be competing with) and I think everyone’s a winner. 

Is he going to make them more than £100m in the future? If he wants out and lets his contract run for a bit there's a chance that value could start diminishing. 

I'd be selling. £100m is a scary amount of money and could easily get you 2 quality players.

He has been a fantastic servant to Villa and shown a great deal of loyalty to them.

I'd be surprised if his recent contract he signed has some sort of gentlemen's agreement in regards to a big money transfer. 

I think he's ready for the next step.

It's pretty simple really: 

stay at Villa and perhaps challenge for Europe every now and then or move to Manchester City and likely win several trophies. 

That's just the reality of modern day football. 

Villa are a massive club, but they are just not in the same stratosphere as a Manchester City these days. 

Guest T Hardy

Quite funny City and United spending near £100m on players who don’t even start for England 

Or maybe it’s a sign our national team is actually ridiculously good now?

Edited by T Hardy

2 hours ago, T Hardy said:

Quite funny City and United spending near £100m on players who don’t even start for England 

Or maybe it’s a sign our national team is actually ridiculously good now?

Or the national manager picked the wrong side 😀

• Like 1

Guest T Hardy
16 minutes ago, markg said:

Or the national manager picked the wrong side 😀

I happen to take that view. Grealish would always start for me

Sancho I’m not convinced about, but German fans and media who’ve watched him a lot more than me said he should have been the first name on the team sheet