OFFICIAL - SWFC sign striker Florian Kamberi!

7 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

Stevie May's highlights reel was genuinely terrible. I remember being amazed at the fuss being made about it when half his goals were mis-hit shots that bobbled in off the goalkeeper's backside. The defending on show was hilarious.

To be fair, the defending isn't much better in Kamberi's highlights either, but at least he knows how to cleanly kick a football towards the goal.

My thoughts exactly 

7 hours ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Big lad, good in the air, decent skills, chips in with a few goals. Type of player for others to feed off, the type that we're missing. Gets the seal of approval from a regular poster on here who's actually seen him play a few times. I'm optimistic  about him. 👍

I agree, got to give him a chance.

It not as if its like our fans to write someone off before they have seen them play is it!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

My thoughts exactly 

there always gonna be a few scrambled goals out if 27 in j e season, but there’s some clean strikes in the list! 

obviously easier to score in Scotland 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Fingers crossed he gets his first goal early to set him off with confidence

Exactly this. Worth looking at his Hibs record to see both ends of the spectrum of what we could potentially get from Florian.

17/18

Scored on debut

Scored 4 in first 5

Hat-trick in 9th game

Scored 10 in his 15 games 

Played 90 mins in all 15 games

18/19

Injury niggle so only 27 mins in first month

Then 4 goals in first 5 games (plus 3 assists in one game!)

Then one goal in his next 15 games (no assists either)

Then 3 goals in 4 games 

Then one goal in final 8 games

19/20

3 goals in 20 games

Nothing unusual about strikers blowing hot and cold. But that 17/18 season shows what he can do. Let’s hope he can get off to a flier, as it’s clear he has the potential to be a big success.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Exactly this. Worth looking at his Hibs record to see both ends of the spectrum of what we could potentially get from Florian.

17/18

Scored on debut

Scored 4 in first 5

Hat-trick in 9th game

Scored 10 in his 15 games 

Played 90 mins in all 15 games

18/19

Injury niggle so only 27 mins in first month

Then 4 goals in first 5 games (plus 3 assists in one game!)

Then one goal in his next 15 games (no assists either)

Then 3 goals in 4 games 

Then one goal in final 8 games

19/20

3 goals in 20 games

Nothing unusual about strikers blowing hot and cold. But that 17/18 season shows what he can do. Let’s hope he can get off to a flier, as it’s clear he has the potential to be a big success.

Missed off 20/21

Dismal - 0 goals in his 11 games for Hibs

Strikes me as a confidence player. 10 in 15 early on, followed by long barren runs.

As Theowlsman posted, let’s hope he gets off to a flier.

On 30/07/2021 at 18:35, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

30 in 83 for Hibs , is that bad ? I don’t think so , ok last few years dropped off but I’d say spl is mainly champ std overall so joining L1 it’s a lower level. He’s a tall too so should be capable of winning headers 

60 odd goals in 200 odd games , 1 in 3/4 not bad

His record is decent at Hibs but poor elsewhere. But looking at the number of clubs he's had already he obviously didn't settle at those and maybe played a bit part at some. Never knew he had a loan at Rangers, and St Gallen thought he was worth signing from Hibs but clearly hasn't lived up to expectations since.

Fresh start for him and a physical striker we need, so hopefully works out.

Hibs fan in peace here,

On his day, Flo is unplayable and has endless ability. Sadly he chooses when his day is, and that is probably one in every eight to ten games. In the other ones he swans about trying flick ons that are never on, moaning at the ref and his team mates before inevitably getting subbed by the hour mark. If he starts the first fifteen minutes well he might have a good game but if he doesn’t then you just know he’s set to do next to nothing.

If you can somehow find a way to get any sort of positive consistency out of him then  you have a player but otherwise he’s a legend in his own mind and much more hassle than he’s actually worth. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

56 minutes ago, SunshineOnLeith said:

Hibs fan in peace here,

On his day, Flo is unplayable and has endless ability. Sadly he chooses when his day is, and that is probably one in every eight to ten games. In the other ones he swans about trying flick ons that are never on, moaning at the ref and his team mates before inevitably getting subbed by the hour mark. If he starts the first fifteen minutes well he might have a good game but if he doesn’t then you just know he’s set to do next to nothing.

If you can somehow find a way to get any sort of positive consistency out of him then  you have a player but otherwise he’s a legend in his own mind and much more hassle than he’s actually worth. 

Thanks for the insight mate. Sounds like an Albanian Jay Bothroyd

lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SunshineOnLeith said:

Hibs fan in peace here,

If he's poor then moore will put him on 1st available plane back to St galllen....I don't think moore will have big time Charlie's at club and will get rid.

Hibs fan in peace here,

Thanks for taking the time to contribute pal. The video of you guys singing at Hampden gives me goosebumps every time I watch it. Proper fans. Good luck for this season. 

• Like 2

Hibs fan in peace here,

sounds exactly the type of player we don’t want or need, we have made some very impressive signings this summer but I have a bad feeling about this lad being a waste of space. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

sounds exactly the type of player we don’t want or need, we have made some very impressive signings this summer but I have a bad feeling about this lad being a waste of space. 

He’s somewhat of a figure of ridicule amongst Hibs fans. One of those ex players you look out for, but for all the wrong reasons.

I hope that you do get something out of him, I do like yourselves as a club very much (got a few friends in Sheffield so have been to a couple of games in the past) but think you’ll see him start strongly then get more and more self absorbed as time goes on.

19 minutes ago, SunshineOnLeith said:

He’s somewhat of a figure of ridicule amongst Hibs fans. One of those ex players you look out for, but for all the wrong reasons.

I hope that you do get something out of him, I do like yourselves as a club very much (got a few friends in Sheffield so have been to a couple of games in the past) but think you’ll see him start strongly then get more and more self absorbed as time goes on.

That doesn't sound promising!

Owlstalk Shop

9 hours ago, SunshineOnLeith said:

Hibs fan in peace here,

Sounds exactly like the kind of thing we were saying about Joao when he left.

On 31/07/2021 at 22:09, Rogers said:

I remember watching the Stevie May goals for St.Johnstone and he looked like he could score from anywhere 

That’s funny because I can remember watching that and wondering if it was shot in slow-mo.