OFFICIAL - SWFC sign striker Florian Kamberi!

New Sheffield Wednesday recruit Florian Kamberi has explained how a 20-minute FaceTime call with Darren Moore sold him on a move to Hillsborough.

The striker became the Owls' seventh first-team signing of the summer on Friday evening after penning a season-long loan from Swiss outfit St Gallen. 

Kamberi could make his Owls debut at Hillsborough on Sunday in the first competitive match of the season against Huddersfield Town.

Speaking to the club site, the 26-year-old explained how a conversation with Moore convinced him to complete the move.

“I’m very happy, delighted to have everything done now with the paperwork and I can’t wait for the first game in front of the crowd,” he told swfc.co.uk.

“I got a FaceTime call from the gaffer, around 15 or 20 minutes and he spoke about how he sees the club, the project here, how he sees me and what sort of role I would have. From the first moment, I was very excited and I knew it was a no-brainer for me to come here.

“It’s the size of the club, the stadium and the manager. He knows what football is and I know I can develop under him. To play in England was always a dream of mine and now I’m at a big club.

“The goal of everyone this season, everyone knows that.”

“I am not selfish, I give everything for the team, every minute that I get," he explained when asked what supporters could expect from him.

"I’m big, so I can hold the ball up, I can run and score goals and get assists.

“I know my job here is to score goals and make assists, but the main thing is to have a brilliant season as a team and go up.

“I want to contribute as much as I can to help the team reach that goal. For sure, it’s not going to be an easy season, there are a lot of other big clubs in the league.

“We have to go game by game, always be humble and win as many games as possible. Then next summer, we’ll see how it looks.”

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/kamberi-moore-sheffield-wednesday-join-21192542

Edited by beswetherick
  • Thanks 3

Guest mrbluesky
33 minutes ago, Pieman said:

🤣 What’s your Albanian like?

My Albanian is about as good as your sense of humour 🤣

18 hours ago, Pieman said:

Even better. Albanian Kosovans are as hard as f00k1ng nails.

All gob. Calling us ******* when we were out on patrol and saying “you walk around like hard men but will never use those weapons”. Funny as 24 hours later when one of their lot pissed up decided to shoot at two ladies in a shop then level his pistol at the patrol in front of us, it ended rather quickly and badly for him. Same again when they decided to open up on us the following day from the flats in the centre of Lipjan. Surrounded and arrested very quickly. Albanians were a bigger pain in the arse for sectarian reprisals than the Serbs. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, beswetherick said:

New Sheffield Wednesday recruit Florian Kamberi has explained how a 20-minute FaceTime call with Darren Moore sold him on a move to Hillsborough.

The striker became the Owls' seventh first-team signing of the summer on Friday evening after penning a season-long loan from Swiss outfit St Gallen. 

Kamberi could make his Owls debut at Hillsborough on Sunday in the first competitive match of the season against Huddersfield Town.

Speaking to the club site, the 26-year-old explained how a conversation with Moore convinced him to complete the move.

“I’m very happy, delighted to have everything done now with the paperwork and I can’t wait for the first game in front of the crowd,” he told swfc.co.uk.

“I got a FaceTime call from the gaffer, around 15 or 20 minutes and he spoke about how he sees the club, the project here, how he sees me and what sort of role I would have. From the first moment, I was very excited and I knew it was a no-brainer for me to come here.

“It’s the size of the club, the stadium and the manager. He knows what football is and I know I can develop under him. To play in England was always a dream of mine and now I’m at a big club.

“The goal of everyone this season, everyone knows that.”

“I am not selfish, I give everything for the team, every minute that I get," he explained when asked what supporters could expect from him.

"I’m big, so I can hold the ball up, I can run and score goals and get assists.

“I know my job here is to score goals and make assists, but the main thing is to have a brilliant season as a team and go up.

“I want to contribute as much as I can to help the team reach that goal. For sure, it’s not going to be an easy season, there are a lot of other big clubs in the league.

“We have to go game by game, always be humble and win as many games as possible. Then next summer, we’ll see how it looks.”

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/kamberi-moore-sheffield-wednesday-join-21192542

To be fair he sounds like just what we need.Greedy to want another forward to cover inevitable injuries and poor form?

46 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

All gob. Calling us ******* when we were out on patrol and saying “you walk around like hard men but will never use those weapons”. Funny as 24 hours later when one of their lot pissed up decided to shoot at two ladies in a shop then level his pistol at the patrol in front of us, it ended rather quickly and badly for him. Same again when they decided to open up on us the following day from the flats in the centre of Lipjan. Surrounded and arrested very quickly. Albanians were a bigger pain in the arse for sectarian reprisals than the Serbs. 

FFS

REALLY?!

Nearly 3 million folk ‘dismissed’ based on the individual experience of someone who was probably perceived as a member of an occupying force 

Can I suggest you find a site appropriate to your myopic jingoistic racist ‘opinion’ (sic) 

Summat that has Action Man or Johnny Foreigner in its title

SWEET FECKIN JESUS!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

The way he helps build the play and scores some of those instinctive flick finishes on the turn in those highlight videos reminds me very much of Hooper. There was even an effort rattled in off the bar from the edge of the box for good measure.

It he plays with even half the consistency of Hooper then we've found a gem for this league. It's an interesting gamble, and it's clear that he's a Darren Moore signing from what he said in the interview about their conversations. I'm excited to see how he gets on.

He averages around 7 goals a season. 

When compared to our strikers of the past few years I suppose that makes him prolific. 

I don't suppose we can get anyone decent to come anymore. 

The smacks of making up the numbers. 

It's not the first time that Chansiri has signed players out of desperation and it won't be last. After all, he's the reason we can't get anyone decent to come anymore. 

If only Chansiri would allow DM to have a say in things. 

However, that would require Chansiri to change the habits of his Hillsborough lifetime. 

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, mogbad said:

Well.... Yeah it's a showreel but it was definitely him putting the ball in the net - he can certainly leather it and head it... Looks full of confidence on one on one's with the keeper... Can pick a spot in either corner pretty well by the looks of it... Looks difficult to shove off the ball and takes up decent positions running off the ball... Nah he's crap.. Moore out!!!.... (a post to balance things up a bit) Let's just wait and see eh?? 😃

20 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

Like I said in the other thread. Cousin is an Aberdeen season ticket holder & says he rated him and that if we can get him going in league one then he’ll be brilliant.

On the other hand he’s got a bit of an attitude problem and wears gloves in May.

I know nothing about him. But I can almost guarantee that he’ll contribute more this season than Kachunga and Marriott did, combined, last season.

the bloke operating the scoreboard contributed more.

20 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

I know nothing about him. But I can almost guarantee that he’ll contribute more this season than Kachunga and Marriott did, combined, last season.

Honestly, if he comes in, scores 5 goals up until Christmas and then we replace with someone better, I would still think he's been a worthy signing I. the squad.

The bar for strikers is so low that even if he put in relatively disappointing performances, he would still be such a step up on what we've had come in before up top