OFFICIAL - SWFC sign striker Florian Kamberi!

1 hour ago, edinburghowl said:

I must admit some of the reactions to the signing on this thread are hilarious. A skint, L1 football club, from a city the laddie has probably never heard of, and some of our fans are taking the pish and saying they hope he is a backup.

What were you expecting?

Being a Hearts man I’m not normally one for praising ex-Hibbies, as many of you will know, but this is a signing that could be a gem. Gerrard rated him and Kamberi was a striker a few years ago that was talked about going for millions of pounds.

He’s a good age, and I am honestly genuinely surprised that he is A) willing to play for us, and B) willing to play in this division.

His recent form probably necessitates that but this guy has ability. He really shouldn’t be at Wednesday and playing in this division at this stage of his career, and his career has clearly stalled.

Some folk were wanting that total huddy Cosgrove from Aberdeen recently that went to Birmingham for 7 figures. If Moore gets the best out of Kamberi and if the laddie is serious about playing when he is here then we have a better footballer than Cosgrove. 

I’m looking forward to seeing what Kamberi can do and what Moore can get out of him. 

• Like 2

Posted the quote from edinburghowl without my response by mistake. 

I was going to say…

Well said.

I was just going to post saying I was quite pleased with him as a signing. As mentioned he did really well at Hibs to begin with. He enraged their fans with comments he made when wanting to leave and when he was away on loan. So I’d take what they say with a pinch of salt.

Patchy record since, but definitely has something about him and at League 1 level, I think he will do really well. 

Decent signing.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Goal scoring record is poor, but if DM sees potential, its a cheap gamble to be fair, but thats our market so worth a punt.

I feel it’s more accurate to say his recent goal scoring record is poor, in the past 12 months.  His career stats is 1 goal every 3.4 games, compared to someone like Joe Piggott who is 1 goal every 3.41 games in weaker leagues 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, S1Owl said:

I recall Christian Mayrleb similar kind of player. 

I hope he's as good as Mayrleb. We never gave him a chance but he scored goals everywhere else he played.

I think I've seen him play once and thought he looked ok (when at Rangers). Holds it well, quite mobile, decent technically. He should be plenty good enough for division 3.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, beswetherick said:

The guy’s been playing in the SPL for the last four seasons, it’s not inconceivable that DM and his team will have been aware of him

True. I'm just surprised I suppose.

2 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

I must admit some of the reactions to the signing on this thread are hilarious. A skint, L1 football club, from a city the laddie has probably never heard of, and some of our fans are taking the pish and saying they hope he is a backup.

What were you expecting?

Being a Hearts man I’m not normally one for praising ex-Hibbies, as many of you will know, but this is a signing that could be a gem. Gerrard rated him and Kamberi was a striker a few years ago that was talked about going for millions of pounds.

He’s a good age, and I am honestly genuinely surprised that he is A) willing to play for us, and B) willing to play in this division.

His recent form probably necessitates that but this guy has ability. He really shouldn’t be at Wednesday and playing in this division at this stage of his career, and his career has clearly stalled.

Some folk were wanting that total huddy Cosgrove from Aberdeen recently that went to Birmingham for 7 figures. If Moore gets the best out of Kamberi and if the laddie is serious about playing when he is here then we have a better footballer than Cosgrove. 

I’m looking forward to seeing what Kamberi can do and what Moore can get out of him. 

It’s simply down to one wiki post, showing a snapshot of a low goal return. I’m sure if you took a snapshot of Joao’s performances, at a certain point with us, it would be similar and look at him now.

Ive read all your posts with interest mate. You’re very balanced in your views. It’s clear he has both attributes and short comings, befitting our level. I think from what I’ve seen, he’s an excellent signing. The pool we are in - Maclean, Ogrady, Kuqi, Madine - he’s more than comparable. What I like about him and the direction Moore is taking us in, is he is mobile. He’s strong, but he’s not a Nuhiu. He can get about the pitch and defends from the front.

As I said in one of my first posts, he could well become a cult hero. The type of player who puts 100% in every game and then scores a 93rd minute diving header, losing three teeth in the process.

• Like 2

Would have loved us to have brought in Humphreys the lad that wigan have snapped up but it would appear even a nominal fee is out of reach ATM.

As for kamberi , can honestly say i cant remember seeing him play , but he is not without promise looking at his CV and is surely an upgrade on Kachunga and Marriott , lets at least give him a chance eh ?

Have to admit I know nothing about him, but from reading thoughts from some on here who actually have some insight rather than just looking at his recent stats, he seems like a good signing for us in L1.

I also trust DM knows what he’s doing judging by our recent signings.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

What were you expecting?

Well said 👏 as always some fans think they know everything without seeing him put a Wednesday shirt on. And again remember what league we are in. Clearly plenty of managers see something in him and know he has bags of ability, it's all about if Moore can get that ability out of him and shown on the pitch. As you have said he's a good age and hopefully has a point to prove wanting to get his career back on track. If he has that mindset and Moore works some magic he could have a good season with us.