OFFICIAL - SWFC sign striker Florian Kamberi!

1 hour ago, ChapSmurf said:

Great synopsis and I totally agree. We need a strong, mobile forward with some pace, who can hold up and, link up, play as well as contribute to the goal tally, especially with the formation we are likely to employ. What I am really asking is how have we targetted Kamberi to do (some of) that role?

It's a rhetorical question - which is why it's gone above some peoples heads and intelligence - but I'm curious as to what has lead us to Kamberi. Has there been a shift in recruitment and scouting? Is DM absolutely in charge in this area, or are we still using the so-called Recruitment Team to pull the strings. There seems to be a shift in the recruitment process and policy and it's this I am curious about, more than the players we are bringing in.

The guy’s been playing in the SPL for the last four seasons, it’s not inconceivable that DM and his team will have been aware of him

• Like 2

Fine with this. We’re in the pub league so anyone who has scored a few in the SPL should do fine. From looking at him he could be a bit like Fletcher who puts himself about and scores 10+ a season. 

Another striker in and I would be relatively happy with him, JW and CP. 

• Like 1

Few  on here saying we are lucky to get him playing in a "third tier" team ...

Its no big secret the skill set of the top two teams in the Scottish Premierhip are around league 1 to lower championship at the best over a season ....

I hope he does well for us at this level .....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

I must admit some of the reactions to the signing on this thread are hilarious. A skint, L1 football club, from a city the laddie has probably never heard of, and some of our fans are taking the pish and saying they hope he is a backup.

What were you expecting?

Being a Hearts man I’m not normally one for praising ex-Hibbies, as many of you will know, but this is a signing that could be a gem. Gerrard rated him and Kamberi was a striker a few years ago that was talked about going for millions of pounds.

He’s a good age, and I am honestly genuinely surprised that he is A) willing to play for us, and B) willing to play in this division.

His recent form probably necessitates that but this guy has ability. He really shouldn’t be at Wednesday and playing in this division at this stage of his career, and his career has clearly stalled.

Some folk were wanting that total huddy Cosgrove from Aberdeen recently that went to Birmingham for 7 figures. If Moore gets the best out of Kamberi and if the laddie is serious about playing when he is here then we have a better footballer than Cosgrove. 

I’m looking forward to seeing what Kamberi can do and what Moore can get out of him. 

Sounds really encouraging. Thanks for that.

Know anything about those injuries whilst at Hibs? Missed about half their games. 

15 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

I must admit some of the reactions to the signing on this thread are hilarious. A skint, L1 football club, from a city the laddie has probably never heard of, and some of our fans are taking the pish and saying they hope he is a backup.

What were you expecting?

Being a Hearts man I’m not normally one for praising ex-Hibbies, as many of you will know, but this is a signing that could be a gem. Gerrard rated him and Kamberi was a striker a few years ago that was talked about going for millions of pounds.

He’s a good age, and I am honestly genuinely surprised that he is A) willing to play for us, and B) willing to play in this division.

His recent form probably necessitates that but this guy has ability. He really shouldn’t be at Wednesday and playing in this division at this stage of his career, and his career has clearly stalled.

Some folk were wanting that total huddy Cosgrove from Aberdeen recently that went to Birmingham for 7 figures. If Moore gets the best out of Kamberi and if the laddie is serious about playing when he is here then we have a better footballer than Cosgrove. 

I’m looking forward to seeing what Kamberi can do and what Moore can get out of him. 

I’m excited to see him

I hope he can score goals though 

Owlstalk Shop

8 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

I like what I saw on the YouTube vid as he seemed pretty mobile and while not lightning fast, quick enough that once he had broken the offside trap the others couldn't catch him. Certainly we need someone more mobile than Paterson in that role.

Looking at his record in the SPL, he has played the equivalent to 70 full games (6,301 minutes), scoring 21 goals and getting 13 assists. 3 of his goals were penalties.

That means he's scoring a non-penalty goal every 350 minutes and getting an assist every 485 minutes.

To put that in comparison with a few recent Wednesday players, excluding penalties:

Forestieri (Championship) - goal every 250 mins, assist every 437 mins

Nuhiu (Championship) - goal every 279 mins, assist every 438 mins

Tudgay (Championship & L1) - goal every 335 mins, assist every 492 mins

Kampari (Scottish Prem) - goal every 350 mins, assist every 485 mins

So not quite as good, but not a million miles off someone like Tudgay. If he can match these stats while playing well and bringing others into the game then could be a really useful player and help Paterson (from attacking midfield), Shodipo, Green and Wing to also get close to double figures.

And there's always the hope he's coming into his prime and can do better than before, especially now he's dropped down a level.

I’m a statto so thanks for that , good bit of insight but it’s kamberi not kampari 

lol 

42 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

What were you expecting?

Great post mate.

I see some that are complaining about this signing were ones who wanted us to sign Mullin, who has gone to non league football.  Anyway,  Gerrard wanted to sign Kamberi permanently for Rangers last year but he rejected them to return to Switzerland. Gerrard said this about him.. 

“I wanted to start him on Sunday but obviously the risk of him playing a full game and not being fresh on Wednesday was one that I was juggling about with. However, when we went 1-0 down I needed to twist and I did that. I thought he was absolutely outstanding. On that performance he plays in Braga, for sure. You can’t ignore that, it was some impact. On that evidence, he can step up to the plate in Europe. It will be a different type of game in Portugal. He will have to be selfless and do some real, dirty, strong running and sacrifice himself for the team at times.
“But you can see that if he gets an opportunity theny he knows where the back of the net is and that is a real big positive for us. He got man of the match against St Johnstone and everyone should have been talking about Flo Kamberi after the game.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

43 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

What were you expecting?

Exactly, as a Hibs fan I'm excited we've got him signed here in L1. Could be a great move by Moore this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A bit random, but he reminded me of Florian Cravic/Bernie Crane who is one of my favourite characters from the video game Grand Theft Auto IV. Also with both being from the same area too, well Kamberi coming from Kosovo (with Albanian heritage) which is still technically a provence of Serbia and Bernie/Florian from Serbia. I've probably started a war in the Balkans now. At 6:17 is the start of his first appearance if you're interested: