OFFICIAL - SWFC sign striker Florian Kamberi!

3 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

I like what I saw on the YouTube vid as he seemed pretty mobile and while not lightning fast, quick enough that once he had broken the offside trap the others couldn't catch him. Certainly we need someone more mobile than Paterson in that role.

Looking at his record in the SPL, he has played the equivalent to 70 full games (6,301 minutes), scoring 21 goals and getting 13 assists. 3 of his goals were penalties.

That means he's scoring a non-penalty goal every 350 minutes and getting an assist every 485 minutes.

To put that in comparison with a few recent Wednesday players, excluding penalties:

Forestieri (Championship) - goal every 250 mins, assist every 437 mins

Nuhiu (Championship) - goal every 279 mins, assist every 438 mins

Tudgay (Championship & L1) - goal every 335 mins, assist every 492 mins

Kampari (Scottish Prem) - goal every 350 mins, assist every 485 mins

So not quite as good, but not a million miles off someone like Tudgay. If he can match these stats while playing well and bringing others into the game then could be a really useful player and help Paterson (from attacking midfield), Shodipo, Green and Wing to also get close to double figures.

And there's always the hope he's coming into his prime and can do better than before, especially now he's dropped down a level.

My question is, why has DM signed him? What I mean by that is that he (DM) has clearly targetted a certain type of player, or indeed certain players, and then all of a sudden this swerve ball comes up out of the blue. Why? What is it that DM has seen in Kamberi, or thinks Kamberi can provide, that we don't yet understand or realise?

This one player takes up 50% of our remaining loan allocation on the pitch. DM must know something we don't, or sees something we do not yet appreciate. It's a very left-field signing in my eyes, yet for some reason, I trust DM's judgement. I hope I am not wrong, and nor is he.

4 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

My question is, why has DM signed him? What I mean by that is that he (DM) has clearly targetted a certain type of player, or indeed certain players, and then all of a sudden this swerve ball comes up out of the blue. Why? What is it that DM has seen in Kamberi, or thinks Kamberi can provide, that we don't yet understand or realise?

This one player takes up 50% of our remaining loan allocation on the pitch. DM must know something we don't, or sees something we do not yet appreciate. It's a very left-field signing in my eyes, yet for some reason, I trust DM's judgement. I hope I am not wrong, and nor is he.

Everyone one knows something you don't  i.e. football

2 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

Well, I think looking at our squad and the fact the Moore would probably like to play 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 then we desperately need someone who can play the lone striker role. It is really difficult to find a striker with the combination of pace, strength and goal threat for that position.

There are plenty of goal-poacher types (Rhodes, Will Grigg) who can score chances but won't contribute to all-round play.

Then there are the big target-men types like Sam Vokes, Nuhiu, Kieffer Moore who can be a good static target man for a long ball team but won't help a team that is wanting to play with a bit more pace and fluidity.

So those players like Ivan Toney, Joao, Pukki, Dike that work hard, are mobile, decent enough in the air and can play as 1-up top and score goals and so valuable.

Realistically, on a loan/free transfer, you are looking at someone who can do most of those things but probably not all of them. A bit like we had a couple of seasons ago with Fletcher, and while he's got strength, good in the air and is mobile enough to link play, he would only ever score 10 goals a season at best. Maybe that is what Kamberi can offer, has most of the attributes we need but maybe not as prolific as the guys who would have Championship clubs chasing them. Let's hope he can link our attacks and bring the best out of the players around him.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Well, I think looking at our squad and the fact the Moore would probably like to play 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 then we desperately need someone who can play the lone striker role. It is really difficult to find a striker with the combination of pace, strength and goal threat for that position.

There are plenty of goal-poacher types (Rhodes, Will Grigg) who can score chances but won't contribute to all-round play.

Then there are the big target-men types like Sam Vokes, Nuhiu, Kieffer Moore who can be a good static target man for a long ball team but won't help a team that is wanting to play with a bit more pace and fluidity.

So those players like Ivan Toney, Joao, Pukki, Dike that work hard, are mobile, decent enough in the air and can play as 1-up top and score goals and so valuable.

Realistically, on a loan/free transfer, you are looking at someone who can do most of those things but probably not all of them. A bit like we had a couple of seasons ago with Fletcher, and while he's got strength, good in the air and is mobile enough to link play, he would only ever score 10 goals a season at best. Maybe that is what Kamberi can offer, has most of the attributes we need but maybe not as prolific as the guys who would have Championship clubs chasing them. Let's hope he can link our attacks and bring the best out of the players around him.

I'm wondering if we have looked at the mls. As I bet there is some good players in there what might thrive in England. 

4 hours ago, owlinexile said:

He should do a TV show with Warnock where they drive around Cornwall in a van being mardy and falling out with everyone.

They could call it 'Cornwall In A Van With Colin and Brian'.

Cornwall in a van with Foker and W@nker as a better ring to it

12 minutes ago, MSN SYSOP said:

I'm wondering if we have looked at the mls. As I bet there is some good players in there what might thrive in England. 

There probably are, but nearly all would require a transfer fee, which unfortunately would rule us out.

Look anything is better than what we currently have which is no strikers !!!

His record isn’t great, but then again how many players move clubs and it clicks for them ?! Moore has clearly seen his attributes and we have and may have more wingers than most. If he gets in the right spots we’ll score. 

Plus he won’t be the only forward we sign, but for starters I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

You’re looking at in all competitions there I think, I looked up his league record and it’s 20 in 67 for Hibs. Looks like he averaged nearly a goal a game in the cups, but standard of competition is literally the dog and duck in some of the Scottish cups. He got 9 in 14 in 2017-18 but other than that it’s a poor record.. less than 1 in 4 in all other seasons, and 1 in 17 last couple.

We are the dog and duck ffs

10 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Great synopsis and I totally agree. We need a strong, mobile forward with some pace, who can hold up and, link up, play as well as contribute to the goal tally, especially with the formation we are likely to employ. What I am really asking is how have we targetted Kamberi to do (some of) that role?

It's a rhetorical question - which is why it's gone above some peoples heads and intelligence - but I'm curious as to what has lead us to Kamberi. Has there been a shift in recruitment and scouting? Is DM absolutely in charge in this area, or are we still using the so-called Recruitment Team to pull the strings. There seems to be a shift in the recruitment process and policy and it's this I am curious about, more than the players we are bringing in.

• Like 1

Think most fans are forgetting, we cannot buy a good CF. Nixon has said a few times this is the most difficult position to fill and that is with all the problems we have (most have already forgotten these). Will he be better than Boothroyd orJeffers yes. We were talking about a no league CF not too long ago, now we have an international so someone things he can play well. I for one have not seen him play, yes his recent goal return was not good but wasn't most appearances from the bench. Before that he had a decent spell.

I trust Darren Moore, things are still very difficult but he is still trying for another forward. It will be good to mix things up, we now have speed in the side but need some muscle up front so he might be the one to help out and bring others into the game.

If he can get us up this season he will be a good signing, he is only on loan for a year, lets get behind him. We are not in the championship any longer, L1 is completely different and Moore knows this league. 

Can't say I have heard of him or seen him play before, bit of a surprising signing. Sometimes the signings you expect the least from turn out to be gems.

I'm hoping DM as seen something about him that can thrive in League One and click in DM's squad. It surprises me more that we used up another loanee allocation, hopefully that doesn't stop us from bringing in any more? 

It's an important position that needed strengthening and needs different options. Hopefully we can still bring in one or two more attackers if possible? Good luck to him, if he does well it could prove to be an canny signing. 

3 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

This photoshopping malarkey, or whatever it is called, is just getting a bit childish now. For those who want to see the original image, here it is.

florian-titty-bobbles.jpg

Behave!

Youre just giving the knockers more ammunition to ridicule him at a time when he needs our full support 

Looking at that II reckon he could well be a right handful 

(# sexism rears its ugly head)

• Haha 3