OFFICIAL - SWFC sign striker Florian Kamberi!

He's spent a lot of time on loan both to and fro from Grasshoppers in 15/16 to German sides, then Hibs, Rangers etc all back to his original side then to Aberdeen then to St Gallen, and now on loan to us. 

History would suggest he's never found any serious form so the odds are stacked against it with us. Lets hope someone has seen something that we could utilise. We might be just the club he needs. 

Personally don’t know anything about him, would be remiss to comment either way.

However, what’s most important is this - that we are signing players who’s strengths compliment our desired style of play. Our list of failed signings is way too long and like it or not it’s not always the fault of the players we signed. Signing them without a clue how we intended to deploy them in a cohesive lineup was the main issue…….and ffs please let them be mentally strong!!!  

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

This photoshopping malarkey, or whatever it is called, is just getting a bit childish now. For those who want to see the original image, here it is.

florian-titty-bobbles.jpg

Nice to see we've got a decent pair up front for a change 🤣

• Haha 1

In his interview he describes himself as not selfish, always gives everything, he's big and can hold up the ball, can run as well as score and create goals.  That sounds to me like the complete striker.

Lets hope he lives up to it.  

• Like 2

Slightly different from all our other signings with him being from abroad. Has experience in British football so won't be coming into it blind. Has had some short term spells at other clubs without settling so will be interesting to see how he fairs but he is another option for us. Can see one young striker from a premier League club coming in now plus Simms and Johnson. Got to trust that Moore has seen something in him that suits our style and tactics. 

3 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

Like I said in the other thread. Cousin is an Aberdeen season ticket holder & says he rated him and that if we can get him going in league one then he’ll be brilliant.

I know nothing about him. But I can almost guarantee that he’ll contribute more this season than Kachunga and Marriott did, combined, last season.

You could have added Brown to that list a well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ronio said:

In his interview he describes himself as not selfish, always gives everything, he's big and can hold up the ball, can run as well as score and create goals.  That sounds to me like the complete striker.

Lets hope he lives up to it.  

Eventually a player fits in at a club and smack them in for fun....hopefully it's with us

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Personally don’t know anything about him, would be remiss to comment either way.

However, what’s most important is this - that we are signing players who’s strengths compliment our desired style of play. Our list of failed signings is way too long and like it or not it’s not always the fault of the players we signed. Signing them without a clue how we intended to deploy them in a cohesive lineup was the main issue…….and ffs please let them be mentally strong!!!  

Exactly.

I've seen nothing of this bloke (except for the same highlight reels as the rest of you in the past few hours), but he's at least the right kind of player.

We've been screaming out for a physical centre forward since Fletcher and Nuhiu left, and although Paterson filled in gamely at times, it's just not his game to be that player.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Bar my childish photoshop post, I know nothing about him either - apart from he's got a decent pair lol

I've just had a look at the types of goals he scored for Hibs. Seems to be an intelligent player. A few cute reverse balls in to box from players like Bannan or Wing, and we could well see him split defences and open himself up for a shot. He can certainly strike a ball, and from the couple of penalties he took on the Hibs vid, he can put them away.

Yes, I know - highlights vids. I don't get sucked in by them either, but just pointing out the way he played. Could be a a good foil for another forward player and one who could well get a decent return.

More importantly, as you pointed out, we seem to be signing players who should compliment each other. Proof/pudding of course, but I'm fairly optimistic at this point and I didn't think I would be.

• Like 2

I like what I saw on the YouTube vid as he seemed pretty mobile and while not lightning fast, quick enough that once he had broken the offside trap the others couldn't catch him. Certainly we need someone more mobile than Paterson in that role.

Looking at his record in the SPL, he has played the equivalent to 70 full games (6,301 minutes), scoring 21 goals and getting 13 assists. 3 of his goals were penalties.

That means he's scoring a non-penalty goal every 350 minutes and getting an assist every 485 minutes.

To put that in comparison with a few recent Wednesday players, excluding penalties:

Forestieri (Championship) - goal every 250 mins, assist every 437 mins

Nuhiu (Championship) - goal every 279 mins, assist every 438 mins

Tudgay (Championship & L1) - goal every 335 mins, assist every 492 mins

Kampari (Scottish Prem) - goal every 350 mins, assist every 485 mins

So not quite as good, but not a million miles off someone like Tudgay. If he can match these stats while playing well and bringing others into the game then could be a really useful player and help Paterson (from attacking midfield), Shodipo, Green and Wing to also get close to double figures.

And there's always the hope he's coming into his prime and can do better than before, especially now he's dropped down a level.

• Like 1

He said he isn’t selfish and he gives everything for the ‘team’. Remember those words. Moore is building a team, which after the initial bedding in period, will look very different to what we have been watching of late.