Marvin Johnson

15 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Which crucial game was it at the end of the season where we got a free kick just outside the box in the last minute and Harris took it? I almost needed a new telly. 

Christ, thanks for reminding me of that. I was bàstard livid.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Seems to me that Johnson isn't that enthusiastic about joining us having had his medical a week ago.

The delay could just as easily be down to the club or the EFL.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, daleblue said:

I go 3 times a night.

To the bog for a wee tinkle? That’s the only thing you do three times a night you lying bas….     
lol

Speaking to a Boro supporting mate. 

Lewis Wing is a brill player, who he wanted involved with their first team this year. He's surprised he's dropped leagues. 

Marvin Johnson is hot and cold. He did want Johnson to stay but only on a 1 year deal. At 31 this year, is it wise we offer him 2 or 3 years? I doubt it.

Could be a hold up over length of contract way he was talking.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Lewis Wing is a brill player, who he wanted involved with their first team this year. He's surprised he's dropped leagues. 

Marvin Johnson is hot and cold. He did want Johnson to stay but only on a 1 year deal. At 31 this year, is it wise we offer him 2 or 3 years? I doubt it.

If he's indeed after a three year contract I'd have to say no thanks and move on. It was reported that personal terms were sorted several days ago. If he can't make up his mind he's not that enthusiastic, in which case neither am I. Sims still available?

10 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Eye, it could well be. And if that's the case I hope we hold out for what is right for the club. We've been there and got the t shirt in that department and it's bitten us big style. If he holds out then we simply move on.

I'd take Sims over Johnson all day, but obviously we don't know why the delay in either case and speculating doesn't get closer to the truth. 

I trust DM won't make some of the errors of past contracts and hope the next step is the same progress with our own youth players to prevent another celtic debacle 

• Like 1