Marvin Johnson

3 minutes ago, mozzy85 said:

If we get Gregory in now, i'll be ecstatic with this windows business. 

Agreed, this window has been much, much better than I could have hoped for only a few short weeks ago.

On paper it looks like we've made some very shrewd, ambitious signings for League One... just got to hope it translates onto the pitch!

4 minutes ago, mozzy85 said:

If we get Gregory in now, i'll be ecstatic with this windows business. 

Would have liked Sims as a player with potential resale value if he does well.  

But, all in all, it's been our best transfer window for a long time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Stats are a lazy drawback, you really need to watch a player and the benefits he brings to his teammates. Stats obviously play a part, but when someone argues with only stats it’s usually because they know little else about football 

I agree.

Anyone who argues ONLY stats knows little else.

1 hour ago, Hirstyslaces said:

It's like Christmas(nearly) every day!😂👍

Marvin Johnson in today(on OS now), Lee Gregory tomorrow?

C'mon "Darren Moores Owls"!

😂

Lee Gregory signed today as well!

This is the gift that just keeps on giving😂

Well done Darren Moore and all concerned👏

Now let's get behind our(new) team. 

UTO!👍

• Like 1

On 04/08/2021 at 19:01, room0035 said:

No out and out strikers means top half finish.

Out and out striker 15-20 this season mean challenging for top 6 finish.

We have too many unknown player abilities to expect anything better, some may rise to the occasions but other have not done it for the last 2 seasons, to suddenly expect a big upturn in division 3 is more hope than actual outcome.

Yep. I totally agree, similar to "our" expectations for our previous bunch of defenders and midfielders suddenly to become prolific goalscorers after rarely scoring goals in their whole careers. At least we now have a few players in the squad that are capable of scoring and some that are young enough to still develop the habit. I still think we could add another player before the window closes and I hope it's a punt on a young player that could possibly bag a load of goals for us, but even if we dont, I reckon our chances of automatic promotion have had a real boost with the arrival of Gregory, Johnson and Corbeanu. The team will take a while to settle and odd players may take longer than others, but from October onwards I am hoping to see us really stake our claim as a title contender. 

UTO!

• Like 2