Darren Moore: The Club’s Best Asset ??

On 29/07/2021 at 13:08, Kopparberg said:

Yes, I still think he needs to win plenty of games obviously… but is he the club’s best asset ? 

He’s got that Brian Laws feel about him - where the club is far from perfect, but at least you have a seemingly genuine bloke to guide us through. 

No the club's best (only) asset is our fans...fantastic!

We are a bare shell of a club floating rudderless to...nothing really, just obscurity.

Moore is no asset at all and the ticking of the clock is getting louder.

3 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

Where did it all go wrong?????:Chansiri:

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think people are so desperate for some sort of success they want to make a hero out of anyone.

Darren Moore is not a hero or a villain. 

I’m glad this thread got bumped… it just shows you doesn’t it… at the end of July this year it felt like he could at least be ‘something’ to unite the fans, where, even if we were up against it we could rely on him a bit. 

As it turned out, he’s totally lost the plot quickly and his win percentage is poor. 

Looking at myself in the mirror, I was (and still do) ironically criticise fans for being lenient on Moore despite him proving nowt because he’s a ‘nice guy’… so it looks like I fell for it too for a short while. 

52 minutes ago, Andy W said:

Moore is no asset at all and the ticking of the clock is getting louder.

My post was from 29/07/2021 but I don’t disagree with you now. 

1 hour ago, Kopparberg said:

I’m glad this thread got bumped… it just shows you doesn’t it… at the end of July this year it felt like he could at least be ‘something’ to unite the fans, where, even if we were up against it we could rely on him a bit. 

As it turned out, he’s totally lost the plot quickly and his win percentage is poor. 

Looking at myself in the mirror, I was (and still do) ironically criticise fans for being lenient on Moore despite him proving nowt because he’s a ‘nice guy’… so it looks like I fell for it too for a short while. 

My post was from 29/07/2021 but I don’t disagree with you now. 

My opinion on him has changed too, get rid

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, the monk said:

This made me chuckle , look who started the "Untenable " thread !!

Must say though ,I questioned DM s appointment at the time ,wondering what he had done in management to get the job , and threads like this and the ones after half a dozen games just made me smile quietly to myself 

well we didn't expect to be going backwards at this rate did we?

• Like 1

On 29/07/2021 at 13:16, edwinowl said:

Agree. He’s obviously well respected within the game. Shame he wasn’t a little earlier and the two Celtic boys would have stayed I think. 
Ultimately he’ll be judged on results as they all are but I have a good feeling about this season. 

Uroghide would have been playing if he had stayed, funny old game.

According to Deloitte’s SWFC Best Assets are:

Roland Nilsson 

Lovely super smashing new(ish) pitch

State of the art scoreboard

Golden Elephants

Cakeball

The owl in that there video

Middlewood Road blow up pitch

The todger tugger on the Kop 

Tango

Bullen

Darren Moore

Atty Chansiri

DTaxis

D-Ream

D Chansiri

I didn't understand the fawning over him back then, and it looks more weird the longer time passes.  He had just a few years under his belt and hadn't done much, and now he's got a little more time under his belt and still not done anything.

This is what we did.  We were points away from safety in the Championship so we went to Doncaster, said "we like the look of your 8th place League One manager, here's some cash if you let us have him".  They accepted.  We are now a League One club, around 8th place. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NOT jack whitham said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Tell me about it. 

This was just after pre season. 

I thought that Chansiri had left the manager to fix what he wanted to around the club - with great sound bites making ‘big teddy bear’ Moore likeable it would distract from whatever shambles we were in the background. 

But it hasn’t worked out so far. 

3 hours ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Moore is the final nail in the coffin. 

I think he's another nail certainly. We haven't bottomed out yet si if/when he is replaced I expect the circus to start again and he can add another nail and so forth

We are 100 points behind with 10 points on the table