Darren Moore: The Club’s Best Asset ??

4 hours ago, Basement Jack said:

Seems a thoroughly nice guy and clearly well respected

He doesn’t articulate greatly but who cares?

He is an imposing figure who just cracks on with the job and is doing fantastically well in changing the whole dynamic of the club

He was a brave man to take Wednesday on 

To think some wanted him sacked before his feet were even under the table🤦‍♂️
Darren Moore deserves the fans full support. Give the team time to gel because things  look better than we could have ever imagined 

I like him and he seems to be changing the vibe to something more positive.

he is totally genuine. 
he was ever so slightly crap as a player but the fans took to him because of his personality.

it’ll probably be something similar as a manager.

I hope he does well

i hope Wednesday do well (oh god what’s the matter with me?)

But it’s pre-season. The honeymoon period. 
what matters is what happens when the season goes live.

from a distance, it’s quite interesting and a welcome distraction from events closer to home. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RedDragonOwl said:

It's okay saying our recruitment has been good. But that isn't really true though. We've never heard of most of them, and they haven't done anything anywhere else. They could well be league 2/ non league standard.

Im in this camp til we’ve seen them settle in… could be like the Turner lot that needed a season to get going

DM is nobody's fool, he could probably get a job at a club in the division above, but i get the feeling that he knows that if gets this juggernaut rolling in the right direction then his CV will be properly enhanced, he can then either stay with us and keep pushing or take a job with a mid table premiership nonentity. Either way both parties benefit

All i hope is that us, the fans keep a balanced view, yes we are all feeling positive but there are going to be some tough times this season, we have got to keep patient

1 hour ago, Raminpeace said:

I like him and he seems to be changing the vibe to something more positive.

he is totally genuine. 
he was ever so slightly crap as a player but the fans took to him because of his personality.

it’ll probably be something similar as a manager.

I hope he does well

i hope Wednesday do well (oh god what’s the matter with me?)

But it’s pre-season. The honeymoon period. 
what matters is what happens when the season goes live.

from a distance, it’s quite interesting and a welcome distraction from events closer to home. 

I live in the middle of you lot, and enjoy the banter, but in all honesty i have never known a more depressing pessimistic view than they have at the moment.

every silver lining has a cloud

Seems a great leader, motivator and administrator to me. The jury is still out on his and Jamie Smith’s match management and tactical ability. Maybe something he could address with the incoming first team coach. 

Happy with Moore. I believe we’re in for a decent season. 

I've followed his managerial career (albeit from a distance) and have always been impressed with him, thought he was very unfairly dismissed from WBA, seems a very likeable guy who I'd like nothing more (pardon the pun) than to see him rekindle our fortunes.

10 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I don't understand the school of thought, advocated by some on Owlstalk, that he's not good enough for us.

The state we are at the moment,  I think we're lucky to have someone with his background willing to take a punt on us. I really can't see we could do much better.

We're not good enough for him, more like, just let's leave him be and he will deliver, one day we'll be fighting to keep him here

Edited by Daniele Giovanni
Forgot letter
  • Haha 1