Darren Moore: The Club’s Best Asset ??

I think you're right. Seems highly respected throughout. Managers speak highly of him, and players seem to want to play for him....I wonder if that was a key reason Bannan stuck around as well, as he mentioned how much he enjoyed playing for Moore, and that Chansiri got the right appointment.

We all knew it was gonna have to be a major overhaul, and he's exceeded expectations under very difficult circumstances. Moore's League 1 experience is going to be huge as well, but its gonna take time for them to gel, and just hope we give him that.

Some of the comments about him last season were ridiculous, people saying he was no better than Monk, even Jos!!!! Truth was, the damage had been done and he had no chance of steering that ship around, the players were useless, and not being paid. He was very sick last season, and Jamie Smith was saying he was still ringing him all the time and never resting, which showed how much he wanted to get it right...that alone deserves some patience from the fantasy.

Again, can't believe I'm giving DC another compliment here, but we were hoping that he would stick with Moore if League 1 beckoned, and to be fair to him (shudder) he's given him the most freedom and trust of all his appointments so far to date, and I'm glad he didn't do something mad and sack him after relegation.

Looking forward to this season, and hopefully having a manager and team to be proud of again! UTO.

• Like 3

If he gets Byers and Sims over the line and signs a proper striker then he'll have proven to a lot of people that he's the right man for the job.

Hopefully he continues changing the culture at the club and manages to find a way to get Chansiri to sit back and support him without doing something to fizz it all up.

6 minutes ago, TbagMcgraw said:

I think you're right. Seems highly respected throughout. Managers speak highly of him, and players seem to want to play for him....I wonder if that was a key reason Bannan stuck around as well, as he mentioned how much he enjoyed playing for Moore, and that Chansiri got the right appointment.

Key reason Bannan stuck around was the generosity of his contract.

• Like 1

Without a doubt. I'm a fan of Moore, but not blind to his shortcomings. It's debatable if there are better in L1, but maybe better available (on paper) should we be promoted. That said, what Moore brings is a steadiness, a draw for players, a plan and most importantly the trust of our owner. 

Still work to do and a ball hasn't been kicked in anger yet this season, but what we've done I'm impressed with, it's almost like we are a professionally run football club, with a strategy and an ounce of common sense. 

• Like 3

Old school manager, wants to play the game in the right fashion, attacking football. Clearly well respected by other managers/players and seems the type of manager the fans can connect with.

Just hope fans don't start after any defeat as it'll be a long old season with bumps in the road. It's a teambuilding process too, not a boil in the bag Barcelona so fans need to stick with him and the plan.

Looking at the business I'm getting to like the look of this squad, still more to do, but a decent honest basis to it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Totally... for me the only positive from last season was his appointment

We fans need to give him time to get it right on the pitch.... patience please

This exactly!!

however if we dont beat charlton then he can go

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Basement Jack said:

Seems a thoroughly nice guy and clearly well respected

He doesn’t articulate greatly but who cares?

He is an imposing figure who just cracks on with the job and is doing fantastically well in changing the whole dynamic of the club

He was a brave man to take Wednesday on 

To think some wanted him sacked before his feet were even under the table🤦‍♂️
Darren Moore deserves the fans full support. Give the team time to gel because things  look better than we could have ever imagined 

Agree. Doesn’t help when he starts his interviews with yeah-no. 
He does come across sincere however. 
Just stop say ‘the football club’ aaargh. 

51 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

If he gets Byers and Sims over the line and signs a proper striker then he'll have proven to a lot of people that he's the right man for the job.

Hopefully he continues changing the culture at the club and manages to find a way to get Chansiri to sit back and support him without doing something to fizz it all up.

Yep this. Feels like he’s in complete control. The important thing here is gaining the chairman’s trust. If we start the season well, bodes well for the future.

Basically what I’m trying to say is we need Chansiri and Paixao as far away as possible from the actual football side of things.

• Like 1

Hard to judge him on last season and those that did were unfair. 3 months, less than 20 games, players not being paid, players confidence rock bottom, no fans etc. It was an ugly position to be in. See how he does with his own signings and a fresh start. 

I'm not convinced by him on the results side of things yet. There are at least 3 other people who are obviously well more deserving of blame for relegation last season, but he still failed to keep us up when we had a decent chance to.

Still, I'm currently quite happy with him, and the rebuild seems to be going well. I'm feeling optimistic, but results are what it comes down to. As long as we're not in the bottom six by new year I'd gladly give him more time to improve us though.

• Like 1

He's still a young manager who is learning his craft but the signings this summer have been positive and I'm feeling more positive about the future

I just hope we give him the time and patience he needs to succeed.  As DC has given him the reigns this summer and it goes ******** up, he won't be quick to do it again and will start with the meddling again