Outgoings?

While we still need incomings upfront desperately we have recruited IMO pretty well so far… not being as dependable on the younger players as I expected us to be…. Especially in central midfield.

Now myself I would like a couple of the established first teamers to be moved on if possible but are we looking at getting the younger players (such as Hunt and Waldock for example) out on loan ?? They need development and we have been poor at this in the past, as things are changing any ideas if this is being looked at ?

@YesWeCrann might have more idea on this 

If DC isn’t playing silly buggers trying to fleece other clubs we should be looking at moving a fair few of the younger lads out on loan at least.The experience of first team football will benefit them and us far more than having them kicking their heels in the under 23’s.

Moore already said he wants to keep what we have and add to it. I suspect we will keep what we can, unless an good offer comes in (and we can recruit a replacement).

Most are out of contract in 12 months, the plan is probably to have a good go at promotion this season, in the knowledge that if it doesn't happen, we will have to release high earning players, once FFP drops to 60% of revenue. 

I don't think, as a club, we are against selling players anymore, but not actively seeking to move on players, apart from those we want out on loan to develop.

I certainly want to see Hunt given a go this year. If he if ever is going to make it it needs to be now. If he cannot do it in league 1 at 21 then it's not going to happen. If he or the club think he needs to drop any further to find his level then what is the point?

• Like 1

Think Bannan will go. Wouldn’t be too upset to see Paterson go either although his usefulness in a few positions could be good for DM. If we get a couple of strikers in then I don’t see the need for him to be a front man.

In terms of out on loan it looks like Dawson is off. If we bring in a left/sided CB (like McCart) then I’m happy to see Brennan go out on loan too. We have lots of bodies for the middle of the park now, especially if Byers comes in. Might be worth letting Hunt out on loan to L2.

Still think we need another option wide right too.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, El Toro said:

Think Bannan will go. Wouldn’t be too upset to see Paterson go either although his usefulness in a few positions could be good for DM. If we get a couple of strikers in then I don’t see the need for him to be a front man.

In terms of out on loan it looks like Dawson is off. If we bring in a left/sided CB (like McCart) then I’m happy to see Brennan go out on loan too. We have lots of bodies for the middle of the park now, especially if Byers comes in. Might be worth letting Hunt out on loan to L2.

Still think we need another option wide right too.

You'd be happy to let one of our only strikers go???

Say what you want about Paterson but he'll get you 10 goals next season and im sure every single one of them will deflect of 4 players and go in off his left nut. Right place right time type striker

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, S26 Owl said:

Say what you want about Paterson but he'll get you 10 goals next season and im sure every single one of them will deflect of 4 players and go in off his left nut. Right place right time type striker

I’ve never classed Paterson as a striker. We struggled to get actual strikers in last pre-season and ultimately suffered for it. If we can get a couple in (like I said) then happy to see him utilised elsewhere or sold. DM may not see him as a striker either as he didn't sign him.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Waldock 

Hunt (unless Bannan is sold) 

Dawodu

Hagan

Brennan 

Render

All do with loans out ideally at conference level or conference north. 

All except Hagan for me think he needs to play his part as one of 4 wingers this year 

46 minutes ago, S26 Owl said:

Paterson isn’t a striker never mind footballer ! I’d be more than happy to see him go 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, unkastav said:

Swansea couldnt afford him?

You think a new manager is going to come in and prioritise BB , with all the players they have had leave. Also why would BB go there, Swansea are in turmoil at moment, seem to be cost cutting.

20 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

All except Hagan for me think he needs to play his part as one of 4 wingers this year 

Green

Shodpio

Simms (if he signs) 

Adenoyin

Then Windass

2 new CFs as the centre option. 

Also got Wing who can play no 10, and potentially Byers

15 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

You think a new manager is going to come in and prioritise BB , with all the players they have had leave. Also why would BB go there, Swansea are in turmoil at moment, seem to be cost cutting.

Wasnt suggesting he WILL go swansea, but yes they could afford BB as could most championship clubs. Hopefully he wont go…

2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

While we still need incomings upfront desperately we have recruited IMO pretty well so far… not being as dependable on the younger players as I expected us to be…. Especially in central midfield.

Now myself I would like a couple of the established first teamers to be moved on if possible but are we looking at getting the younger players (such as Hunt and Waldock for example) out on loan ?? They need development and we have been poor at this in the past, as things are changing any ideas if this is being looked at ?

@YesWeCrann might have more idea on this 

Certainly Hunt