SWFC VS HUDDERSFIELD - This Sunday

16 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

My watch has it, you don't even have to get my phone out- the card is on the watch. What do you think to that @S36 OWL? Imagine not having to go to the cash machine ever!

I'm OK mate. 

Not into Witchcraft 

Call me old fashioned, but the watch I wear tells me the time, exactly what a watch was invented for. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

No you didn't 

I already have plenty of cash in the house. 

We arrive at turnstile 

I pull out two notes (£15) from pocket 

You pull out card from pocket 

I hand notes over, you scan card. 

No difference in time that takes 

You failed to mention the bit where you had to go to the cash machine to get the cash in the first place though

Used to drive me mad when I had a pub. Kids paying for a bag of nuts on their card. The card payment was about the same as the profit. But you can’t say 80 p please. Get given a card and say oh sorry 88 p please. 

• Like 1

Just now, Plonk said:

Used to drive me mad when I had a pub. Kids paying for a bag of nuts on their card. The card payment was about the same as the profit. But you can’t say 80 p please. Get given a card and say oh sorry 88 p please. 

I'm sure the costs of processing cards has been slashed now 

2 hours ago, Doghouse Daz said:

Young lass in front of me at checkout had her contactless declined, and requesting a PIN. It's the new rules regarding contactless the assistant explained. She couldn't remember her PIN, and walked out all embarrassed. 

Technology eh.

Cash is king

This plus not everyone takes a card so you do need cash as well as a card in your wallet. Also nobody can scan your cash in your pocket, they can your card. Technology eh!

The only good thing about cash is using it on a night out as it’s easier to keep a track of your spending 

Nowt worse then waking up on a Sunday morning and finding out you’ve spent a small fortune using your Apple Watch or contactless 

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I explained it already and blew your ‘cash is quicker’ argument right out the water 

To the degree that it left you stood standing next to the pond with your clothes soaking wet and some kids pointing at you and laughing saying ‘look at the man over who is soaking wet through ha ha ha’ whilst one of them takes a photo of you for his Instagram and titles it ‘wet man who is soaking wet’

lol