SWFC VS HUDDERSFIELD - This Sunday

Just now, S36 OWL said:

What do you have against cash mate? 

That it’s dying out as a form of payment? Only 25% of all payments were made by cash in the UK in 2020. That’s only gonna get lower. Why burden the club with the cost of handling cash when we can invest in the technology needed for contactless? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

That it’s dying out as a form of payment? Only 25% of all payments were made by cash in the UK in 2020. That’s only gonna get lower. Why burden the club with the cost of handling cash when we can invest in the technology needed for contactless? 

Not everyone wishes to pay by card. I have a bank card with one of those contact less chip things on it. I've never used it, and never will. I just go to the hole in the wall and pull out a couple of hundred in cash so I've always got cash to pay for things. Handing over £15 in cash at the turnstile tomorrow is as, quick as paying by contact less  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I just go to the hole in the wall 

Handing over £15 in cash at the turnstile tomorrow is as, quick as paying by contact less  

Except you have to go find a hole in the wall, find a parking space, queue for the hole in the wall, put your card in, put your number in, wait for it to come up on the screen, press 'cash', type in how much you want, press the button with 'yes I"m ok with paying a mad fee just for taking my own money out of my own bank account', wait ages for the money to come out, take the money out, walk back to the car and get in it and drive away

Apart from all that yeah it's as quick as paying by contactless

Apart from having to get there, take your wallet out, start rummaging through for the right amount in notes/coins, hand it over, then stand and wait for your change after answering the 'haven't you got anything less??' question that you always seem to get asked when paying by cash

Apart from that yeah it's just as quick

FFS

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Except you have to go find a hole in the wall, find a parking space, queue for the hole in the wall, put your card in, put your number in, wait for it to come up on the screen, press 'cash', type in how much you want, press the button with 'yes I"m ok with paying a mad fee just for taking my own money out of my own bank account', wait ages for the money to come out, take the money out, walk back to the car and get in it and drive away

Apart from all that yeah it's as quick as paying by contactless

Apart from having to get there, take your wallet out, start rummaging through for the right amount in notes/coins, hand it over, then stand and wait for your change after answering the 'haven't you got anything less??' question that you always seem to get asked when paying by cash

Apart from that yeah it's just as quick

FFS

Handing over a tenner and a fiver at the turnstile tomorrow is just as quick as pointing your card at a machine. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I proved that wrong with my last post 

No you didn't 

I already have plenty of cash in the house. 

We arrive at turnstile 

I pull out two notes (£15) from pocket 

You pull out card from pocket 

I hand notes over, you scan card. 

No difference in time that takes 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

No you didn't 

We arrive at turnstile 

There’s been some fairly bonkers arguments on owlstalk but this one is right up there

• Haha 3

Young lass in front of me at checkout had her contactless declined, and requesting a PIN. It's the new rules regarding contactless the assistant explained. She couldn't remember her PIN, and walked out all embarrassed. 

Technology eh.

Cash is king.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

No you didn't 

We arrive at turnstile 

I explained it already and blew your ‘cash is quicker’ argument right out the water 

To the degree that it left you stood standing next to the pond with your clothes soaking wet and some kids pointing at you and laughing saying ‘look at the man over who is soaking wet through ha ha ha’ whilst one of them takes a photo of you for his Instagram and titles it ‘wet man who is soaking wet’

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Gob_Bluth said:

Don't even have to pull my card out of my wallet anymore. 

Phone in hand, hold down button, touch to machine, jobs a good un

Takes even less time to pay

Witchcraft 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Don't even have to pull my card out of my wallet anymore. 

Phone in hand, hold down button, touch to machine, jobs a good un

Takes even less time to pay

My watch has it, you don't even have to get my phone out- the card is on the watch. What do you think to that @S36 OWL? Imagine not having to go to the cash machine ever!

• Haha 1