"I hear the chairman was buzzing..."

1 hour ago, Sambo89 said:

Best off keeping it that way mate.

Don't listen to Sambo he has a weird hatred of The Sherlocks.  Think they must have spurned his advances at some point. 

Great band and seen them a few times.  Seemed good lads too when met them. 

Only drummer is an Owl though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Don't listen to Sambo he has a weird hatred of The Sherlocks.  Think they must have spurned his advances at some point. 

Great band and seen them a few times.  Seemed good lads too when met them. 

Only drummer is an Owl though. 

Never spurned any advances of mine, just Brandon and Kiaran are horrible people (the 2 that's left from the original lineup).

Seen Brandon try to ruin a wedding reception turning up to cause trouble over losing in a battle of the bands, goading someone who'd split with his Mrs recently about being able to see his own kid after the breakup, then running off like a little girl when confronted by said mate. 

They genuinely think they're better than anyone else cos they're in a band. Even as a cover band, they'd all sit round a table, not like anyone else would, having a laugh, taking the pįss out of each other and generally being lads in a pub, they'd sit and criticise anyone and everyone for anything they could find as a potential weakness. But not loud enough for many other people to hear in case they got confronted and had to bab their pants again. 

The Crookes brothers are awful people. 

They turn up to a little gig (that incidentally I'd got them on at, after having a word with a promoter, along with another band called Ashby who wanted to try playing in Sheffield). Any band/promoter knows you have to start from the bottom, play to the bar staff and other bands (and pissed up John in the corner thats been out since 1994 and hasn't found the exit yet never mind the toilet), but the bands get to know each other this way. They stay and watch each other and support each other, cos to be fair they're all in the same boat. 

They didn't, they turned up late, moaned that they didn't get a sound check and made what sounded like an attempt at an arşey threat about the sound being good, sat round the corner, spoke to nobody but themselves, the odd sly look at anyone who dare walk past them, then left immediately after their set. 

Oh and their roady (a local lad that supported them all over the country. Paid for his own transport/digs etc, even had a tattoo across his back) got dropped as soon as they could get a paid for roady. Anyone else would at least try to get their most loyal follower/mate the job. Not them. Thanks for all your effort, mate, but off you pop. 

I could go on...

Ye reyt nice people them. 

• Thanks 1

To be honest the Performing Arts industry is full of them .......

Bit like the professional  Football industry too .....

The construction and design industry too....

I blame the lack of plying your trade at the outset...

To coin a great lyric the modern world is "i want it all and i want it now" ethos .....

• Love 1

If I only listened to music made by 'nice' people, I'd have to throw half my collection in the bin.

Now, if you'd just said their music is the kind of turgid, derivative and unimaginative 'anthemic‘ rock that's trying to sell out but isn't quite sure how to do so, I'd be well up for a full-scale stadium ban.

:duntmatter:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mr. Chow said:

Seeing this, just makes the 150 year anniversary even worse. There was so much potential for it 

Speak for yourself, I wouldn’t swap that cakeball memory for anything……… 😂

Edited by Morepork
  • Love 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If I only listened to music made by 'nice' people, I'd have to throw half my collection in the bin.

Now, if you'd just said their music is the kind of turgid, derivative and unimaginative 'anthemic‘ rock that's trying to sell out but isn't quite sure how to do so, I'd be well up for a full-scale stadium ban.

:duntmatter:

That n all. BAN EM AND DO IT NOW!!!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It really isn't though - that's the thing

This!

Everybody is in the same boat, especially at the minute, but even before covid, it was the best industry I've ever been a part of. 

Construction industry is where I currently work, but its full of backstabbing and undercutting. 

I've worked in banking, thats full of cųnts (generally speaking) with a few good eggs scattered around. Usually the good ones don't stay long. 

Music industry. People help each other like nowhere else. You do your sound check, go for summat to eat, but make sure you're back in time for the first band and always stay til the end to watch the other bands if you've already been on. You do it to support your peers, and you may be in their position next week, playing to nobody in a pub on a Tuesday night, but the other bands make it worth while. I made some good friends in this time. Loved every minute. 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Sambo89 said:

Never spurned any advances of mine, just Brandon and Kiaran are horrible people (the 2 that's left from the original lineup).

Seen Brandon try to ruin a wedding reception turning up to cause trouble over losing in a battle of the bands, goading someone who'd split with his Mrs recently about being able to see his own kid after the breakup, then running off like a little girl when confronted by said mate. 

They genuinely think they're better than anyone else cos they're in a band. Even as a cover band, they'd all sit round a table, not like anyone else would, having a laugh, taking the pįss out of each other and generally being lads in a pub, they'd sit and criticise anyone and everyone for anything they could find as a potential weakness. But not loud enough for many other people to hear in case they got confronted and had to bab their pants again. 

They turn up to a little gig (that incidentally I'd got them on at, after having a word with a promoter, along with another band called Ashby who wanted to try playing in Sheffield). Any band/promoter knows you have to start from the bottom, play to the bar staff and other bands (and pissed up John in the corner thats been out since 1994 and hasn't found the exit yet never mind the toilet), but the bands get to know each other this way. They stay and watch each other and support each other, cos to be fair they're all in the same boat. 

They didn't, they turned up late, moaned that they didn't get a sound check and made what sounded like an attempt at an arşey threat about the sound being good, sat round the corner, spoke to nobody but themselves, the odd sly look at anyone who dare walk past them, then left immediately after their set. 

Oh and their roady (a local lad that supported them all over the country. Paid for his own transport/digs etc, even had a tattoo across his back) got dropped as soon as they could get a paid for roady. Anyone else would at least try to get their most loyal follower/mate the job. Not them. Thanks for all your effort, mate, but off you pop. 

I could go on...

Thats bad?  You must have lead a sheltered life.

4 hours ago, Weshallovercome said:

Well done Liam Dooley (SWFC’s Chief Operating Officer), good to see we've got people at Hillsborough thinking outside the box.

Hopefully this is another sign that DC is taking a back seat and letting people get on with it, Moore also seems to be dictating who we sign, a cloud does seem to be lifting a bit.

Good feel to have a Dooley back in the fold !

3 hours ago, Sambo89 said:

I could go on...

Wasting your time writing here mate. You'd be on £35k a year writting for the 'Mojo' if you can produce stuff like that. Dynamite !

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, SiJ said:

It's just clever, simple marketing.

Upcoming young band who support us and do it the day Tramlines starts slap bang next to our ground.

Just a good way of tapping into the city.

It's almost as if we're finally learning from DC's failings from his time here on and off the pitch. Signing younger players with potential on lower wages and off the pitch actually trying to engage with the fans again.