Who would you want as club captain for the upcoming season, wether Bannan stays or not?

Still believe Bannan never has been captain material, but taking away the captaincy would make him all mardy. So for that reason, I say get rid!  :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Dunkley would be my captain whether he plays or not.

Serious question, do you not think the captain should play regularly?

I suppose you could split the role into club captain and team captain like we seemed to when Loovens couldn't get in the team but that just seems to confuse things (even if thats just in my  simple mind).

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Big Dom or Hutch.

If Bannan sticks, we need to him cajole and motivate the lads, not lose his sh*t everytime they misplace a pass.

I get it is frustrating, but we are in League One now with a pretty young side. Not sure chewing them out all the time will help.

The reason I don't like Bannan as captain is he misplaces a pass then blames whoever was nearest to it for not being aware/quick enough. He does it even when it's obviously not gone where he wanted it.

As a player that would wind me up no end. I've no objection to a captain tearing a strip off people when they need it but it can't be the first reaction all the time.

To be fair to Bannan I have heard one or two younger players say he was very good with them

• Like 2

Bannan shouldn't be captain even if he stays . It was a mistake giving it him in my opinion.  Hutch for me encouraging the younger lads not berating them .

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, prowl said:

Serious question, do you not think the captain should play regularly?

I suppose you could split the role into club captain and team captain like we seemed to when Loovens couldn't get in the team but that just seems to confuse things (even if thats just in my  simple mind).

I think you need a club captain, an actual leader who’s been there and done it. That’s Dunkley. I’d personally play him too. Wing’s deliveries from corners and set plays may see Dunkley and Iorfa as our top scorers as it stands. 

The other consideration is that sometimes making someone with personality the captains role can take something out of their game. 
it would worry me that by giving it to Hutch, it could effect his edge?

I get why people are saying that Dunk hasn’t played much but he was out with a bad leg break when we bought him. We took the risk because he is that good so hopefully he is now fully recovered and can get back to playing every game. If he can, he’s my captain choice.