Who would you want as club captain for the upcoming season, wether Bannan stays or not?

Having spoken to someone who met Dunkley at the kit launch, they were full of praise for his passion and desire to see the club and players do well to the extent of even slaughtering trialists for not working hard enough to earn a contract 

He was saying that if you are a young lad released and a club like Sheffield Wednesday offer you a 2nd chance then you should be crawling off the pitch in exhaustion 

Which I'll be honest I loved hearing 

I think Dunkley has the personality for it but as has been said not sure he will start enough matches. Probably go Hutch as second choice. 

If Bannan stays I’d be surprised if it’s taken off him though but don’t think he’s a brilliant captain. I like the captain to be in central defence or holding midfielder if you have the right personalities in the squad. 

19 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Bailey Peacock Farrell, our Dino Zoff

You have to pick one. Joint captains is like the limp wristed lobbers who have three best men because they can't make a decision (usually between the guy they want and the two their wife approves of)

51 minutes ago, prowl said:

It's not an easy decision. I really don't think Bannan is a good captain, he can be too volatile. He tends to berate other players when a bit of encouragement might work better.

I'm not convinced Dunkley is going to be fit enough to play for large parts of the season. If he can play 35 games then he's a good shout.

Not Iorfa, too young to comand respect.

Luongo, injury problems again present a risk.

If Hutch is fit enough which he seems to be he looks like the obvious candidate if he can handle the responsibility. He's been vocal about his mental health issues so that may mean he would not be up to it but if it was discussed and he thought he could cope he would get my vote.

Iorfa too young?  He’s 26

• Like 1

Big Dom or Hutch.

If Bannan sticks, we need to him cajole and motivate the lads, not lose his sh*t everytime they misplace a pass.

I get it is frustrating, but we are in League One now with a pretty young side. Not sure chewing them out all the time will help.

• Like 1
  • Love 1