The Wilderless Years

46 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

On his podcast a few weeks ago Darragh Macanthony literally said

‘Everyone knows manager’s are going to get sacked in November onwards as Chairmen start to panic. Watch out for the managers who have been off the radar suddenly making themselves highly visible and and seeming relevant on TV and radio as pundits’

It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up at Barnsley, should sack their manager.

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

On his podcast a few weeks ago Darragh Macanthony literally said

‘Everyone knows manager’s are going to get sacked in November onwards as Chairmen start to panic. Watch out for the managers who have been off the radar suddenly making themselves highly visible and and seeming relevant on TV and radio as pundits’

Nuno sacked!

3 hours ago, McRightSide said:

It definitely would surprise me

Plus they are a classic example of the model he so passionately hates

I don't think he's got the luxury of waiting for a model club. I also think he can rule out any PL interest, even Norwich.

Barnsley could be a stepping stone for him.

I've thought it since he left United and can definitely see it now, but I can see him at Sunderland one day. He'd be perfect for them. Similar to the situation he walked in to at United, a fan base that would love the nonsense he comes out with and a club that he could do well at if he generated some momentum. He could even have little digs about Newcastle and spunking moneh. 

14 minutes ago, markg said:

I've thought it since he left United and can definitely see it now, but I can see him at Sunderland one day. He'd be perfect for them. Similar to the situation he walked in to at United, a fan base that would love the nonsense he comes out with and a club that he could do well at if he generated some momentum. He could even have little digs about Newcastle and spunking moneh. 

He is a master at this.....

58 minutes ago, markg said:

Yeah, they would suit him perfectly. 

It's not dissimilar to the job he inherited at S2 many years ago, albeit with a bigger club and an owner with a bit of dosh.

1 hour ago, markg said:

He could even have little digs about Newcastle and spunking moneh. 

‘They’ve got players on £400k a week but I’ll never put the financial future of this club in jeopardy…. Now if you’ll excuse me I need to check my bank balance to say if the last instalment of my £4m severance fee has been paid by United”.lol

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Did anyone see him on MOTD2 the other day? Was talking about how ridiculous wages are in the premier league even for the likes of Norwich and went on to say clubs are gambling and if it doesn't pay off you could end up in league one. I wonder who he was referring to with that comment. 

Reads to me like he's talking directly to United, tbh. 

He will know exactly what he's lumbered them with in fees and wages, and what the price will be if they don't go up this year. 

For such a big Blade, some of his pettiest digs and snide comments have been about them over the years. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Did anyone see him on MOTD2 the other day? Was talking about how ridiculous wages are in the premier league even for the likes of Norwich and went on to say clubs are gambling and if it doesn't pay off you could end up in league one. I wonder who he was referring to with that comment. 

Sunderland, Portsmouth, Ipswich, Bolton , Charlton?