The Wilderless Years

1 hour ago, Skyline said:

Seems to have been a big part in Arsenal's recent form.

Fair play to him. His confidence must have been shot following two relegations.

Tbf to him for the last few games he played for them he'd realised that he was supposed to be a goalkeeper and was half decent.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Plonk said:

How crap are we that we can’t enjoy them losing at home to blackpool

Speak for yourself. Will never be a time when seeing them lose doesn't at least raise a smile.

Think there's a very real prospect failure to get promoted this year will see a catastrophic meltdown too, so every defeat or points chucked away in the last minute is a step closer. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Speak for yourself. Will never be a time when seeing them lose doesn't at least raise a smile.

Think there's a very real prospect failure to get promoted this year will see a catastrophic meltdown too, so every defeat or points chucked away in the last minute is a step closer. 

Don’t get me wrong. There’s not much I enjoy more. Was more a comment on the lack of posts on this thread. Anyway they got booed off and failed to create a single chance after pool scored. Lovely. 
Got a very tricky month coming up too. Could get interesting if they don’t pick up many / any points. 

51 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Don’t get me wrong. There’s not much I enjoy more. Was more a comment on the lack of posts on this thread. Anyway they got booed off and failed to create a single chance after pool scored. Lovely. 
Got a very tricky month coming up too. Could get interesting if they don’t pick up many / any points. 

Ah, gotchya. Yeah this thread would deffo be more active if we had.. well, anything to shout about. 

Yep, things could definitely get interesting as we roll into these winter months now. I keep going back to this point but the amount of stupid points they’ve dropped at home already is absolutely laughable for a team with their aspirations. 

2 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Problem is, although the top two are quite a way ahead, pigs are only 6 from the playoffs.

Nature of that division though.. unless you're stinking out the bottom 5-6, everyone is a couple of wins away from thinking they can get back into it. 

They just can't put the run together. They get a decent result then drop an absolute clanger like this weekend. 

• Haha 1

On 30/10/2021 at 14:19, BIG D said:

Worldie from Rammers just now. Incredible save. 

Which one? First one was actually poor IMO, he barely go the ball that one like half meter below crossbar and meter and half away from his left hand post. Second one he just go lucky that ball hit him.

It would be embarrassing if he conceded from that free kick, his reaction was late.

Edited by belgrade_owl
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, marconi said:

Wilder a pundit on MOTD2 must be putting himself in the shop window.

On his podcast a few weeks ago Darragh Macanthony literally said

‘Everyone knows manager’s are going to get sacked in November onwards as Chairmen start to panic. Watch out for the managers who have been off the radar suddenly making themselves highly visible and and seeming relevant on TV and radio as pundits’

• Like 1