Jump to content

The Wilderless Years


Recommended Posts

If the new boss is allowed to spend even a quarter of the Ramsdale money on the team (I'm still mystified as to how they managed to wangle that much for a bang average keeper!)  it'll improve them, he's no mug. So talk of relegation is premature, they'll improve,  but the good news is that they're already playing catch up for promotion, 9 points behind the 2 clubs who came down with them and 7 points from the play offs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, alanharper said:

If the new boss is allowed to spend even a quarter of the Ramsdale money on the team (I'm still mystified as to how they managed to wangle that much for a bang average keeper!)  it'll improve them, he's no mug. So talk of relegation is premature, they'll improve,  but the good news is that they're already playing catch up for promotion, 9 points behind the 2 clubs who came down with them and 7 points from the play offs. 


Apparently Guedioura is signing for them, like they’ve not got enough ageing crap players

 

lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kirksandallowl said:

Was told by a blade (who never misses a game, home & away) on Friday that half the players went to Portugal on a massive bender with Tufty over the summer and he thinks they still want him back as manager. 

Do you think that he would pay back the multi million pound pay off he got?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, beswetherick said:


Apparently Guedioura is signing for them, like they’ve not got enough ageing crap players

 

lol 

 

 

Not only was (still is?) he a good player - it's a palpable shift in the style Slav wants to get the team playing

 

He also probably wants to dampen down the kind of mindset and philosophy they have and change it to more continental as he had at Watford and Fulham

 

Geudioura alone won't fix that but i presume it's one of a number of changes that will be made

 

When a team has such a catastrophic season as the pigs last season then that can carry over and blight the future

 

It needs intervention from a playing and mentality perspective

 

The manager has been dealt a shyte hand so he needs to do what he can to change it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sty Central SUFC v Hudds 2nd Half

Pig: Dunt tha worry wi got Prem League players!

Sow: Ah know…but theer 1 up

Pig: Get tha nose outa mardy trough silly bi*tch….fat lad Billy’ll mek it reyt

Sow: Squeeeeal….chr*ist almighty, eee’s only gone an scored in 93rd minute!

Pig: Get thesen home…mix some oats

Sow: oh fuc*k….Chrissy Chrissy Chrissy!…you fill up mi senses…

Pig: DON’T BELIEVE IT - you spawny bast*ards 1-2

Sow: oh fu*ck…same owd Same owds

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don’t know what Adlene is like now but was dying for us to sign him a few years ago. Robust, could tackle and pick a pass out. I guess he will still have the technical side to lean on.

 

If it wasn’t for Peterborough and Derby looking nailed on for 2 relegation spots I’d be thinking they could get dragged into a battle.

 

Jokanovic when he gets his way has been one of the most exiting managers to bring a team to Hillsborough. He overloads teams out wide and likes to keep the ball but it would take more than just a 2/3 signings get that going at United.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bluestripe said:

Sty Central SUFC v Hudds 2nd Half

Pig: Dunt tha worry wi got Prem League players!

Sow: Ah know…but theer 1 up

Pig: Get tha nose outa mardy trough silly bi*tch….fat lad Billy’ll mek it reyt

Sow: Squeeeeal….chr*ist almighty, eee’s only gone an scored in 93rd minute!

Pig: Get thesen home…mix some oats

Sow: oh fuc*k….Chrissy Chrissy Chrissy!…you fill up mi senses…

Pig: DON’T BELIEVE IT - you spawny bast*ards 1-2

Sow: oh fu*ck…same owd Same owds


Was our Sylla there? There’ll be trouble 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

Was told by a blade (who never misses a game, home & away) on Friday that half the players went to Portugal on a massive bender with Tufty over the summer and he thinks they still want him back as manager. 

 

Maybe they do, but that doesn't mean the Poundland Prince does and he calls the shots.

 

I mentioned on here the other day regarding Talksport and listening to Simon Jordan as they were discussing Wilder and other managers out of work who they expected to be back in a job already. As Jordan said when things started to go wrong Wilder blamed everyone bar himself and took no responsibility for his mistakes. Then the fact he slated the club and players, who he signed, it showed Wilder in a very bad light and his attitude will put many club owners/chairmen off.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

 

Maybe they do, but that doesn't mean the Poundland Prince does and he calls the shots.

 

I mentioned on here the other day regarding Talksport and listening to Simon Jordan as they were discussing Wilder and other managers out of work who they expected to be back in a job already. As Jordan said when things started to go wrong Wilder blamed everyone bar himself and took no responsibility for his mistakes. Then the fact he slated the club and players, who he signed, it showed Wilder in a very bad light and his attitude will put many club owners/chairmen off.


Oh of course, but says little for  them buying in to Slav’s philosophy & style if half the team still pine for cwissy and the overlapping centre backs. Can only lead one way, thankfully for us.  
 

lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adlene Guedioura? The 35 year old midfielder who was rubbish for Forest 2/3 years ago and is currently a free agent?

 

They really mustn't have a pot to piss in if that is where they are shopping.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Next week or so will say a lot about their financial position. They've just had Arsenals pants down with Ramsdale so should have money to spend. Will it go in bog rolls back pocket to pay debts or on players? Time will tell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

So, Chris - how many goals have United's plucky little £60m strike-force managed to score in their first four games of the season?

 

501039360_WilderPointless.gif.53850c55ef38d1bb6f5f35344094f19b.gif

If I could give this 100 hearts / trophies / likes I would. 

 

Amazing.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Wilder blamed everyone bar himself and took no responsibility for his mistakes. Then the fact he slated the club and players, who he signed, it showed Wilder in a very bad light and his attitude will put many club owners/chairmen off.

 This 100%.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Proper cult of personality with Wilder.

 

Players, fans etc., all think he's the messiah and can't see him for what is.

 

I mean, if he cared that much about them, he wouldn't be looking to undermine the current manager by allegedly taking half the team on a massive bender would he. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Proper cult of personality with Wilder.

 

Players, fans etc., all think he's the messiah and can't see him for what is.

 

I mean, if he cared that much about them, he wouldn't be looking to undermine the current manager by allegedly taking half the team on a massive bender would he. 


Wilder couldn’t give a shyte about anything but himself.

 

He will be perfectly happy with his current position - a fat pay off while being treated like some sort of god attending the likes of Steve Cowens’ latest “book” signing. 
 

The fans and players still pining for Wilder is fantastic for us. Like you say, cult of personality. If it leads to a rift in the squad, an unwillingness to work with the manager and that lot scrapping between themselves in the stands then great.

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...