The Wilderless Years

4 scored, 2 disallowed. Brilliant

That 2nd goal was absolute comedy at its best. Can say the keeper was at fault for a lot, but even the third goal berge the Messiah and several others just bottled and didn't prevent the inevitable. Also, naff all created for them

Really worrying signs for them but still think they'll be playoffs by the end. Unfortunately they do have a good manager and probably just need the 1 result to start putting a run together

The fact is, they've brought in a pretty capable manager there, and yet they've not backed him, outside of likely paying the man a small fortune.

He may eventually get a tune out of then, but it does scream a bit of a club hanging onto a team who once did well for them.

So many of those players have been together now for several years and maybe, just maybe they're not quite as good (individually and collectively) as they once were? There was also that element of Wilder having over achieved with the group he had.

Honestly, it reminds me of what we did with the play off teams. I know we've still got a few on our books, but we've pretty much built a brand new team now. Unfortunately, it took us a relegation for the penny to drop.

Successful sides know when it is time to rebuild and refresh sides. I wonder if part of the problem with clubs like us, Dem Blades and others is we've been so success starved for so long you end up clinging on to even the slightest bit of success and those who delivered it? 

• Like 1

The money that they will steal from Arsenal for the hapless 'Rammers' - a keeper I rate no higher than Cameron Dawson - should be spent on tried and tested fighters in that division. 

And for the love of God will someone rescue Rhian Brewster from that club? I bet the lad would swap his contract length for a jail sentence at this stage. 

1 hour ago, Bannofan said:

the hapless 'Rammers' - a keeper I rate no higher than Cameron Dawson

This has been my opinion too, but I held my tongue because I said similar about Harry Maguire back in the day. I genuinely (with no bias) didn't want us to sign him when it was rumoured he might be switching sides for I think about £1.5m when they were in League One. I only ever saw him on the highlights, but he seemed to give a goal away every other game even in this league.

Similarly with Ramsdale - I've only seen him in highlights, but I wouldn't want him in our side even if we were being paid to bring him in. Obviously Arsenal's scouts are more on the ball than I am, but still, all that money... Madness.

I gather he actually started putting in decent performances for United once he'd built up some confidence. Imagine if he makes an early clanger in an Arsenal shirt, he's going to be burnt at the stake and won't ever recover.

16 hours ago, Doctor Duran said:

get ready for a whole wrath of foreign players on extornionate wages.

I've seen 3 linked today.. one been in Quatar who been with Slav at a few clubs.

Will upset the regulars like Billy / Didzy and Bash no doubt

Sincerely hope it does upset the old guard. Nothing like dressing room unrest to ruin team morale and the season, as we know only too well.

Rammers has passed his medical so looks like he's off. I'm waiting for the fans to artificially inflate how much he's gone for.

Really don't know why the gooners want him though. A calamity waiting to happen. Its surely no coincidence that Aaron Ramsdale is an anagram of "O, a Arsenal drama".....

• Haha 2

It sounded like Giddings was properly laughing in his face for a good 30 seconds during that call. I've never heard a presenter so blatantly poke fun at a callers opinion like that before, certainly not since the days of Paul Walker doing Football Heaven anyway.