Jump to content

The Wilderless Years


Recommended Posts

I was disappointed not to see Rambo in the team last night, with word that the relegation expert was off to Arsenal…

 

But I’ve got to say, I’m loving this Verrips so far. At one point, West Brom had managed 4 goals, with only 3 shots on target.

 

 :tango:

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

IMG_0222.thumb.PNG.3d4800ed63849c0641bfe068544deb79.PNG

 

:duntmatter:

Are they still persisting with this illusion that everyone was obsessed with Cwisseh’s supermen?

 

Considering most Blunts have probably never ventured far beyond The Manor or Arbourthorne, and only listed to Football Heaven then how would they know the whole world was (or as it happened, wasn’t) talking about them?

 

As for Verrips, he could turn out to be a real star this season. Well, he was Verripped apart by the Baggies defence last night. It was a Verripoor performance.

 

Loving it so far Blades. Keep it going.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, owl_83 said:

Momentum and mentality are strange things. United have got themselves into a habit and it will be hard to get out of. The truth is, the players were not as good as what they thought they were.

 

The signings they made were strange to say the least. £24 million for a player that is effectively still a Liverpool player and he is not even that good. OK he may be registered as a United player but with the buyback clause, in Accountancy terms, he will still be registered as an Asset in Liverpools accounts.

 

This season is going to be long and hard and the longer they go on, the more bottom 3 is going to pull them in. It probably won't happen but I wouldn't bet my mortgage on it not happening.

Listening to talk sport last night and they talked a lot about united. One reporter said he would be kind to them and say they were poor but in reality, they're worse than that. He had already got them down as relegated. Saying that after their first season in the premier league their tactics had been found out and they've not come up with a plan B yet. Talked about the pending Ramsdale transfer and seemed to.think he's a decent keeper but questioned why Arsenal would buy him. Didn't realise that it was the new keeper's debut last night and that West Brom had had a goal disallowed. They didn't have much good to say about him and claimed that Ramsdale would've saved at least 3 of the goals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, MSN SYSOP said:

So do I scram.....Ramsdale isn't as good as our bpf 

Like I said only reason I can think of why they're buying Ramsdale is they've got a few young uns who aren't scoring so put him in goal to build their confidence. 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

I hope they do get to spend the Ramsdale money. Their record of reinvesting money is absolutely rancid.

 

Hopefully they sign another Brewster. 


Will there even be that much to invest?

 

Signed for 18.5m, sold for 24m (plus add ons which are questionable), so a 5.5m profit…

 

However, Bournemouth have a 15% sell on fee, which adds up to 3.6m… so 1.9m profit for dem blades to overhaul their squad of losers and geriatrics

 

Bournemouth have had their pants down 

 

lol 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, beswetherick said:


Will there even be that much to invest?

 

Signed for 18.5m, sold for 24m (plus add ons which are questionable), so a 5.5m profit…

 

However, Bournemouth have a 15% sell on fee, which adds up to 3.6m… so 1.9m profit for dem blades to overhaul their squad of losers and geriatrics

 

Bournemouth have had their pants down 

 

lol 

Wait for their spin on this.....£40m cash up front, only paid £10m for him, so fantastic business .... let's not let the facts get in the way boys

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Second half Utd were awful.  West Brom could and should have scored a lot more.  They look to have the worst of all worlds - an attack that doesn't score and a defence that looks very poor.  

 

Long season ahead for them

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, beswetherick said:


Will there even be that much to invest?

 

Signed for 18.5m, sold for 24m (plus add ons which are questionable), so a 5.5m profit…

 

However, Bournemouth have a 15% sell on fee, which adds up to 3.6m… so 1.9m profit for dem blades to overhaul their squad of losers and geriatrics

 

Bournemouth have had their pants down 

 

lol 

Is it 15% on the full amount or 15% on the profit figure of 5.5m?

 

Whatever I’d guess the majority of the cash will go towards the wage bill and also to McCabe for the Princes purchase of the ground

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, darra said:

Listening to talk sport last night and they talked a lot about united. One reporter said he would be kind to them and say they were poor but in reality, they're worse than that. He had already got them down as relegated. Saying that after their first season in the premier league their tactics had been found out and they've not come up with a plan B yet. Talked about the pending Ramsdale transfer and seemed to.think he's a decent keeper but questioned why Arsenal would buy him. Didn't realise that it was the new keeper's debut last night and that West Brom had had a goal disallowed. They didn't have much good to say about him and claimed that Ramsdale would've saved at least 3 of the goals.

West Brom had two goals disallowed I think?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, beswetherick said:


Will there even be that much to invest?

 

Signed for 18.5m, sold for 24m (plus add ons which are questionable), so a 5.5m profit…

 

However, Bournemouth have a 15% sell on fee, which adds up to 3.6m… so 1.9m profit for dem blades to overhaul their squad of losers and geriatrics

 

Bournemouth have had their pants down 

 

lol 

 

17 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Is it 15% on the full amount or 15% on the profit figure of 5.5m?

 

Whatever I’d guess the majority of the cash will go towards the wage bill and also to McCabe for the Princes purchase of the ground

Yeah, it’s 15% of any sum over £19m (so assume they paid £19m for him?)

 

So Bournemouth get £750k

 

Still, eats into that profit of -£18m they’ve made on him so far…

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those figures can’t be right because they’ve apparently doubled their money on him. 

Totally overlooking the fact they sold him for a million and bought him back for £18m. So minus £17 m already. Plus there’s there’s the sell on clause to Bournemouth, and after veripoors performance last night surely they’ve got to bring in a decent keeper?

Pigsmad is a great read today. This next two weeks will be interesting. A couple of bad results and no decent incomings and the shoes will be off.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...