The Wilderless Years

That incident with Sharp has been coming for a long time, not on him, but home fans getting physical with away players who can't get off the pitch quick enough. Thousands of fans running on, majority probably pissed and they see an away player walking off the pitch or something, it's been coming a while. Noticed a Hudds fan barge shoulders with a luton player the other night (bree i think) and he turned around to react. Not condoning it at all, but why is a player who's injured just stood in the techincal area watching a pitch invasion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I know we always say it (and the opposite hen we’re involved) but unless a lot changes over the summer it looks a weak championship next season.

Pigs will be there or there abouts again.

Norwich will win the league at a canter and swap places with Fulham. Repeat for the rest of time.

Likewise Watford will be strong, because they always are, and either of Leeds or Everton would financially brute force their way into at least the play-offs. Burnley without Dyche are a bit more of an unknown but couldn't see them any lower than top 6. 

You'd expect West Brom to be better as well and I think Boro will come good with a full pre-season under Wilder. There's always a couple who overachieve in that division and I could see momentum making Sunderland a surprise package at that end of the table (if they make it up).

I'm not expecting an overnight implosion for Dem Blades and do expect them to challenge again, but a couple of expected player losses definitely makes them look a bit more ordinary at that level, and there's enough other teams that I think will be a problem next season.

39 minutes ago, Nut said:

They were never in front at any point in the tie, not even on penalties, even though they took the first one yet ate making out they were robbed somehow 😂

Well,another entry for their Honours Board.............Sheffield United's shootout defeat extends the club's woeful play-off record to nine failed attempts from nine campaigns! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, markowl said:

Why shouldn't he be?

just not really sure what's in it for him. His team lost 5 minutes ago, surely heading into the changing room is just common sense? Don't really get why an away player would stand and watch a pitch invasion when his team mates and staff have all long gone

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MSN SYSOP said:

Tyre kickers...and went flat at forest tonight 

They heard that a bigger club exists in Sheffield 

1 hour ago, Buck Rogers said:

Exactly.

They've alread spent some (maybe all) of their parachute money in the form of a bank loan. 
Which they now have to  pay back with interest.

In addition to the player issues above, they are sitting very uncomfortably right now.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/finance-expert-gives-lowdown-on-sheffield-uniteds-payday-loan-equivalent-arrangement-with-vampire-bank-3370681

Good find on the Star article. I'd actually not seen that, but knew about the deal with the bank many months before this article went to press.

I couldn't think of the banks name - Macquarie - but I had "kangeroo" in my head, so I knew they were an Australian outfit. If my sources are correct, I think they are paying 5.3% interest, which as the Star article suggests, isn't obscene. However, it's their wage bill, and the unpaid balance on transfers that will hit them hard next season. If they don't get promotion next season (22/23) they could well be faced with having to reset their squad if they don't get any backing in. And that will mean big losses, but then that's hardly new in football these days.

It guess this begs the question of what our own Chairman would have done in a similar situation. He spunked all his money trying to get in to the PL, so God only knows what stupid tricks he'd have pulled to stay there. Maybe in some respects, we've got off lightly, although it doesn't necessarily feel that way.

In some ways, at least United know what they are dealing with, regarding their finances. They can plan ahead. What they should be more concerned about is what McCabe is up to, as that could get very messy for the business.

Edited by ChapSmurf

For anyone that is taking any stick from their mates that we are in the league below 

We got f*cking pelters for 2 years in our 2 rounds of Playoffs in the Championship whilst they were below us in League One - absolutely ram it in their faces today

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

For anyone that is taking any stick from their mates that we are in the league below 

We got f*cking pelters for 2 years in our 2 rounds of Playoffs in the Championship whilst they were below us in League One - absolutely ram it in their faces today

Spot on mate. I am 😁

1 hour ago, longreach said:

Well,another entry for their Honours Board.............Sheffield United's shootout defeat extends the club's woeful play-off record to nine failed attempts from nine campaigns! 🤣

Not to mention the unique record of losing finals at the Old Wembley, Cardiff & New Wembley….without ever scoring a goal 😂

• Haha 2