The Wilderless Years

Came in to this a bit late after the dog walk

Turned it on to see the pigs celebrating their 2nd goal

What a f*cking calamity of a goal to concede - 2 forest players decided to give it up in midfield, there was no challenge went in and an unopposed cross - keeper decided to look for his lost contact lens rather than just stop the ball and fleck standing in the middle of the goal to tap it in

Both teams look pretty shit tbf

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
Just now, markg said:

Said all along that they’d beat forest over the two legs. They’re a much better side than forest 

Given that Forest finished above them, battered them at Bramall Lane, how have you reached that conclusion? 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Given that Forest finished above them, battered them at Bramall Lane, how have you reached that conclusion? 

Forest were on a great run and had momentum but United have a more experienced side. I said that I thought that this would show through over the two legs. Still hope I’m wrong 

1 minute ago, markg said:

Forest were on a great run and had momentum but United have a more experienced side. I said that I thought that this would show through over the two legs. Still hope I’m wrong 

More experience is fair enough, but I still don't see how that makes them much better, but agree to disagree. 

Why are so many owl stalkers obsessed with Jordan Rhodes 

he’s not your friend and he probably wouldn’t like you anyway 

weird 

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

More experience is fair enough, but I still don't see how that makes them much better, but agree to disagree. 

Maybe better was the wrong word. Maybe just more suited to these situations.

forest remind me a lot of us in that first Carlos season. Some lovely stuff at times and memorable results but I always thought we’d come short against a team with a bit of grit and know how 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Taz said:

Why are so many owl stalkers obsessed with Jordan Rhodes 

he’s not your friend and he probably wouldn’t like you anyway 

weird 

It is weird. We have spent £18m on that waste of space and we are going on about him after he scored the winner to take the dog botherers to Wembley. Why? 

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

It is weird. We have spent £18m on that waste of space and we are going on about him after he scored the winner to take the dog botherers to Wembley. Why? 

The £18 million might be the reason. 

1 minute ago, markg said:

Maybe better was the wrong word. Maybe just more suited to these situations.

forest remind me a lot of us in that first Carlos season. Some lovely stuff at times and memorable results but I always thought we’d come short against a team with a bit of grit and know how 

United were bobbar last season in the PL, but they were a PL side nonetheless.

Hecky's gone back pretty much to what Tufty did before the hiatus of Jokanovic.

If Hecky had been manager from the start, then they'd probably have got automatic.