The Wilderless Years

Something very odd about this 

Why would they accept a bid when they could potentially get even more money if the club were promoted this season? Surely you'd wait until the end of the season?

Sounds very strange to me

• Like 1

Just now, IWEDFM said:

The fact he has tried and failed to get his feet under the table at several other clubs would raise concerns if I were a pig

Tbf, I can sort of understand why someone would walk away from Derby given the mess that is. 

Suggestions he was going to bid 350 million for Newcastle but that did not happen for whatever reason. 

2 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

In fairness the timing is great. They go up and he makes a killing or he's bought prime real estate for a snip. We all know the bogroll is skint so to him it's as good a deal as he'd get. 

Either way can you imagine what McPig feels tonight? 

Suspect that he feels £105million short.......

Sounds like it will be completed. 

Has sort of come out of nowhere and getting reported by credible sources. 

Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of detail concerning the bloke's actual wealth. He's an American, and they tend to run their clubs in a pretty prudent manner. 

Seeing as I'm bored I thought I'd have a quick look on a Newcastle forum about this American guy from the time he was interested in buying them and apparently he was under investigation from the FBI for fraud

Sounds the perfect fit for the pigs

• Haha 7

It could go either way as it has done for us. The infrastructure at United is far more solid than ours so they can progress much quicker than us and I expect them to.

As for us I think DC is taking more and more of a back seat and letting the likes of the Manager and the C.O.O. lead their respective areas? I still think we could be the subject of Takeover Talk again in time but it might not be for a couple of years or so around the time DC completes 10 years in charge of the club?