The Wilderless Years

They’ve by all accounts been absolutely dog poo today, their own fans saying if they’d nicked a draw it would have been undeserved , But every other result has gone their way and they are still sitting 6th FFS. 

Watched the second half and last 15 mins of first half and I`m pleased to report that apart from one 10 minute spell they looked pretty poor overall.

Ben Davies looked awful and in all honesty Uremovic didn`t look much better................Basham and Robinson on bench too which seems very strange.

Sander Berge is a £20M hybrid of Wim Jonk and Adam Reach...........nice player but weak and ineffective.

Their big strength 3 years ago were their wingbacks Baldock and Stevens , but even they are playing poorly.

Hourihane did what he always does ......flatters to deceive , and  Gibbs-Whitethe player who is currently carrying them had an off day.

Just to round it off , after spending £60 M on strikers over the last 2 years they finished the game with two teenagers up front.

All in all pretty pleasing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The talent they constantly bring through their academy should see them through the next few seasons if they continue as an EFL club. 

Heckingbottom has done a decent job when he’s been in the hot seat. I don’t expect that to change.

3 hours ago, modboy said:

How do they remain in the playoffs but lose every week... Lucky sods

Genuinely. They always seem to lose but somehow still 6th?!

Championship must be a pretty poor league this season. Particularly when you have sides like Luton and Huddersfield in the play offs. 

30 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Genuinely. They always seem to lose but somehow still 6th?!

Championship must be a pretty poor league this season. Particularly when you have sides like Luton and Huddersfield in the play offs. 

Holding on by their trotters at this stage. Even if they sneak into playoffs no chance they win them.

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Heckingbottom has done a decent job when he’s been in the hot seat. I don’t expect that to change.

Hecky seems to be one of those managers who starts brightly but who runs out of steam. If he fails to take them up this season I think they may well fall out of contention next season.

13 hours ago, bradowl said:

Bristol City away tomorrow, 5.30 kick off live on Sky. 

I wonder if they will take 5,650 fans down there. 🤔

Less than 2k I reckon. They were making excuses on twitter the other night about how it's further than MK and anyway they once took 8k to MK and we didn't sell it out etc. 

Travelling home Saturday I had a look on twitter and Facebook for the first time in a while. Plenty of grunters belittling us. Almost like they're worried about summat. Weird bunch. 

You'd think they'd want to avoid mentioning their 8k trip to MK. How did that go? Assume they won't be in a rush to mention the home gate vs Stevenage or how many they took to Exeter? 

• Like 1