The Wilderless Years

Blackburn might have already had their wobble and will probably be thinking they can go on a bit of a run to seal it over the last 6 games.

Still think all 4 places are up for grabs. Huddersfield have got Luton, QPR and Boro still to play. It actually wouldn't surprise me if Forest finished 3rd. They're 5 points off Huddersfield but with 3 games in hand and real quality. It's looking like a real scramble to get in. 

Unfortunately, 5 of their last 7 games are at home. Not for the first time this season, they take on a play-off rival in terrible form tonight - QPR have taken 7 points from their last 10 games, and just 3 in their last 6.

33 minutes ago, Sova said:

Unfortunately, 5 of their last 7 games are at home. Not for the first time this season, they take on a play-off rival in terrible form tonight - QPR have taken 7 points from their last 10 games, and just 3 in their last 6.

Crazy to think they are only 3 points behind a playoff place with a game in hand with that run.

We're they quite high up in the mix before? Or have the other teams in the run-in been just as poor?

2 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Crazy to think they are only 3 points behind a playoff place with a game in hand with that run.

We're they quite high up in the mix before? Or have the other teams in the run-in been just as poor?

Probably a bit of both. Last weekend was the first time in a while where I remember em dropping a few places after a defeat. They normally tread water, or unbelievably once, go up a place after losing. 

1 hour ago, Skyline said:

They haven't always been in the play-off spots, but it's always been tight. Even when they were 18th in early November, they were only 7 points off 6th.

5 hours ago, Sova said:

Even with all these home games pressure is on, even more so on Saturday against Bournemouth if they don't beat QPR. 

9 hours ago, Sova said:

2 of those games are against Fulham and Bournemouth though. Hopefully Boro and Forest just edge them out with their games in hand.

they were rubbish, but like i've said previously, a few of the teams chasing play offs aren't that great themselves, Blackburn, QPR, Luton, not exactly big hitters or reliable teams for us to put our hopes on. I'd be more confident if it was Forest or potentially Boro 

2 hours ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

hope blades finish in playoffs, because whether they play forest over 2 legs or in the final, they'll lose either way. They're absolutely flying and Brum at home Saturday

Once you're in the play offs form goes out of the window completely  and small things can tip the balance for or against you. No certainties in the play offs.

1 hour ago, sage owl said:

Once you're in the play offs form goes out of the window completely  and small things can tip the balance for or against you. No certainties in the play offs.

Exactly, look at Huddersfield (painful, I know). In the last four games they've played across two Play-off campaigns, not one of their players has scored a goal. Yet they've been promoted twice. And in the second one they'd finished the season with a negative goal difference.

• Thanks 2

Can't understand anybody hoping they get in the play-offs. 

Our best hope of restoring any sort of correct balance in Sheffield football anytime soon rests on them NOT getting promoted this season. I want them to be out of the running ASAP, starting with by the time the league season finishes and they're 7th or lower. 

I'm counting the blessings that they made such a pigs ear of the PL at the second attempt, and then that Jokanovic was such a dud this season. I'm not wanting to tempt fate on the prospect of any play-off comedy. I just want them done ASAP.

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Just looked at their run in. They’ll make the playoffs. Only difficult game is Fulham on final day, and they’ll be on the beach by then.

And Bournemouth on Saturday

• Like 1