The Wilderless Years

17 minutes ago, SiJ said:

This is the period where you see whether Heckingbottom is actually a good manager/coach or not. 

Amount of times that you get the initial managerial boost and then things start to settle down and you find where a team really is. 

It appears to me that his great tactical masterstroke was to essentially play a version of the Wilder system which makes sense given that all their players are so used to it. But now they've hit a bit of an indifferent patch and it's going to be hard for them to get into the top 6. 

Has to be said, the current standard of teams in those play off positions isn't great. Think Forest will be the ones to fear if they can win their games in hand. 

a lot will depend on whether Forest can keep it up, and Middlesboro seem to be getting their act together

Utd have the worst record of the top half of the table over the last five matches, lets hope they keep that up over the next five

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I have paid very little attention to Championship football and didn’t realise that the Pigs were right in the play off mix.

Thought they were mid-table. Now I’m worried they’ll find a way to get promoted the insufferable sods. 

They are actually in sh*te form now having looked nailed on for the play offs a month or so ago. 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

They are actually in sh*te form now having looked nailed on for the play offs a month or so ago. 

New manager bounce with Heckingbottom? 

I swear every time I check their results they draw or lose, so very surprised to see them that high up.

They’ve actually got a decent squad, not sure about their coach. Would like to think Forest and Boro have a bit more about them for the run in. 

On 01/04/2022 at 08:50, the third man said:

The level of loans they have taken out shows they have some problems, you don't take out out loans against your own property and against future payments you are going to receive if you have money

I remember football finance expert Kieran Magiure saying they’d already borrowed money against their parachute payments as well.

During “Heckys” unveiling I think it was their chairman (that far bloke in the shell suit) who said if they don’t go up this season they’ll lose £100m.

So basically failure to get promotion this season will mean they are in the s**t.

• Like 1

Fulham and Bournemouth automatic

Forest or Boro to go up in play offs. I think Pigs will just miss out on them.

If they do stay down big cracks could appear next season especially given the financial situation and still players on big money contributing little who will be difficult to move on. We really need to go up this season as I think things could be levelling up and then hopefully we can over take them again. Incredible when you consider they were in Europe a couple of years ago aka in the real World having their once in a generation top 10 finish! 

UTO FTP 

1 minute ago, darra said:

Boro playing United in the semis big dilemma for the Wildpig?  Does he be one our own for the day or take Boro through to the final? Tough one for him?

He was interviewed on 5live the day of their cup

game v Chelsea, and he pointedly referred to his ‘former club’ rather than even call them by name when mentioning United.

1 hour ago, OasisOwl72 said:

Fulham and Bournemouth automatic

Forest or Boro to go up in play offs. I think Pigs will just miss out on them.

If they do stay down big cracks could appear next season especially given the financial situation and still players on big money contributing little who will be difficult to move on. We really need to go up this season as I think things could be levelling up and then hopefully we can over take them again. Incredible when you consider they were in Europe a couple of years ago aka in the real World having their once in a generation top 10 finish! 

UTO FTP 

The £9.5m profit?

1 hour ago, Owling with laughter said:

Sorry but can’t edit. What financial situation are you meaning, the £9.5m profit and players on reduced wages?

Strange how they have made a profit but had borrow from various sources, looks like the borrowing against future income is hitting them at the moment, and as next years failure payments have already been borrowed against, they could be in serious trouble

3 hours ago, Owling with laughter said:

Sorry but can’t edit. What financial situation are you meaning, the £9.5m profit and players on reduced wages?

Thats from their relegation season. Think even Chansiri could manage a small profit in the premier league 

14 hours ago, Owling with laughter said:

As some have already pointed out it's from Prem money and the fact they have already borrowed against future payments. 

Add to that appointing PH (cheap option) and the publicly announced ethos of bringing youth through etc. May work or may not but if they don't go up this season then I think they may have a struggle in the coming years. I think it's also pretty apparent the bog roll Prince doesn't have "game changing" money to invest in them too.

© Twitter

On Tuesday night Will Sutton scored against Sutton .I wonder if that’s ever happened before. Did James chester ever score against chester ? Did Dwight Yorke ever score against York ? And did Stefan Kuntz ever score against the Blades? #swfc

• Haha 8

Blackburn will drop out of the playoffs i'm sure, they've the weakest squad up there if you take Brereton out of it, they don't seem to have much depth or quality and their form is poor winning 1 in 6. Boro and Forest have games in hand on the pigs that could be massive, and if QPR can get something tonight that puts them back above United too. Oh and Millwall can go same points if they beat Swansea

44 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Blackburn will drop out of the playoffs i'm sure, they've the weakest squad up there if you take Brereton out of it, they don't seem to have much depth or quality and their form is poor winning 1 in 6. Boro and Forest have games in hand on the pigs that could be massive, and if QPR can get something tonight that puts them back above United too. Oh and Millwall can go same points if they beat Swansea

Haven’t Blackburn just got Dack back & BBD fit again? 

33 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Haven’t Blackburn just got Dack back & BBD fit again? 

Yes sir i believe so, but still don't fancy them. Boro and Forest seem to have quite deep squads and momentum, Blackburn have played more than anyone else. Be interesting anyway

• Like 1