The Wilderless Years

1 hour ago, the third man said:

The level of loans they have taken out shows they have some problems, you don't take out out loans against your own property and against future payments you are going to receive if you have money

Well.....

:Chansiri:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Nice to see they actually dropped a few places after a loss, they'll not be used to that kind of thing. Unfortunately they're still in the mix and I dont trust those round em with games in hand to win em. Fingers crossed they actually manage to fir once. 

Son's mate said sharp was out for the season yesterday, is that true? If it is that'll be their ched moment this season I reckon. Gives them summat to blame on radio Sheffield cos we all know that losing 1 player makes all the difference. Unless it's Wednesday, where it barely gets a mention it seems. 

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

Nice to see they actually dropped a few places after a loss, they'll not be used to that kind of thing. Unfortunately they're still in the mix and I dont trust those round em with games in hand to win em. Fingers crossed they actually manage to fir once. 

Son's mate said sharp was out for the season yesterday, is that true? If it is that'll be their ched moment this season I reckon. Gives them summat to blame on radio Sheffield cos we all know that losing 1 player makes all the difference. Unless it's Wednesday, where it barely gets a mention it seems. 

Where is the problem with Sharp being out.....£20m man mcburnie can just step in as I was reading from our favourite financial football analyst yesterday that they have loads of saleable assets 🤣🤣🤣.... apparently

13 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Surely the £40 m pair of McBurnie and Brewster will make up for the loss of Mr small man syndrome...............you know...........big hitters and all that.

I'm sure Brewster is also out for season. 

6 hours ago, SiJ said:

They spend all that money on strikers and are basically reliant on Billy the Pig for most of their goals. 

He’s still a game changer for them, not just the goals. 

Grudging respect for Billy. He comes across a good bloke and is probably the glue holding them together at the minute. And, unfortunately, he’s been able to back that up by being consistently one of the Championships most shrewd operators for over a decade.

I genuinely think they’re a shadow of themselves when he’s not involved and I can’t wait for him to leave. Don’t think his full contribution to United can be replaced and I think their troubles might only truly start when he’s not there to dig them out of it. 

This is the period where you see whether Heckingbottom is actually a good manager/coach or not. 

Amount of times that you get the initial managerial boost and then things start to settle down and you find where a team really is. 

It appears to me that his great tactical masterstroke was to essentially play a version of the Wilder system which makes sense given that all their players are so used to it. But now they've hit a bit of an indifferent patch and it's going to be hard for them to get into the top 6. 

Has to be said, the current standard of teams in those play off positions isn't great. Think Forest will be the ones to fear if they can win their games in hand.