The Wilderless Years

It's looking tight again. Millwall on a charge and I think Forest are the best side in the division at the minute other than Fulham. Boro can't be discounted under Wilder either. Still think West Brom could yet have a say. 

It actually wouldn't surprise me if 3 of the 4 sides currently in the play-offs lose out. Fingers crossed United still don't make it even if they do.

23 minutes ago, Jim said:

Don’t think so. He’d have done better than Monk.

I think he is a better manager than Monk but players not being paid for so long, players contracts running out and not wanting to get injured, the minus 6 deduction etc, I just think we were going down no matter who was in charge

• Like 2

If Forest make the play-offs they will go up.

As a previous poster said, excluding Fulham they are by far the best side in the league by a distance. They should have destroyed the pigs the other week. 

It would be nice to see someone like Luton get promoted, primarily because it shows that you don’t have to spend millions to compete in the Championship. Nathan Jones has done a remarkable job at that club. 

1 minute ago, g-owls said:

As a previous poster said, excluding Fulham they are by far the best side in the league by a distance. They should have destroyed the pigs the other week. 

It would be nice to see someone like Luton get promoted, primarily because it shows that you don’t have to spend millions to compete in the Championship. Nathan Jones has done a remarkable job at that club. 

United and forest are the perfect reply on why sometimes it's ok to change your manager.

6 minutes ago, modboy said:

United and forest are the perfect reply on why sometimes it's ok to change your manager.

It is, but there are also examples of why it's not always the best decision. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, g-owls said:

It would be incredible if Luton went up. Only seems a few years ago they were in the national league. 

31 minutes ago, BrucieBonus said:

United posted a £9.5m profit, not so much in the poo that some lead to believe, accounts seem to show performance heavily factored into wages, with large drops in salaries with relegation…

Isn’t it always better to wait for the fine tooth comb with stuff like this?

Off the top of my head, United in the last 12 months alone have sold a player for massive profit, will have received parachute payments and taken out a couple of big loans. How do they factor into a headline figure of £9.5m profit? 

Not saying you’re wrong btw, I’m no accountant (or can barely even count) - the devil is just usually in the detail.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

Isn’t it always better to wait for the fine tooth comb with stuff like this?

Off the top of my head, United in the last 12 months alone have sold a player for massive profit, will have received parachute payments and taken out a couple of big loans. How do they factor into a headline figure of £9.5m profit? 

Not saying you’re wrong btw, I’m no accountant (or can barely even count) - the devil is just usually in the detail.

The sale of Ramsdale hasn’t gone into those accounts apparently, they’re to be factored into the next set of accounts, but also the cost of sacking Slav will be in those too. 

2 hours ago, BrucieBonus said:

The sale of Ramsdale hasn’t gone into those accounts apparently, they’re to be factored into the next set of accounts, but also the cost of sacking Slav will be in those too. 

Ah, OK. As I say, I’m no accountant! 

What I will say is some of the sensible Blades I know aren’t exactly jumping for joy.. or have any of their fears settled by this. 

14 hours ago, BrucieBonus said:

That would be quite worrying for me, then.

These accounts basically just show them when they were in the PL with two seasons big down payments.

It'll be the next set of accounts which will show the true figure. I have no idea if good or bad. Seems to be a split feeling amongst Blades fans. Some think they're fine, others are a little concerned.