The Wilderless Years

2 hours ago, owls79 said:

Why do you utd sing the Boxing Day song? Never got it.

Because they have no imagination, everything copied from us, Ground, Nickname, Style of shirt, Insulting nickname to call them, Why not nick our songs?

You'd almost call them a tribute act...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Only 2 wins from their last 6 and in 5 of those games they’ve scored 1 or less. Not exactly blistering form. Suggests they struggle for goals if Sharp doesn’t do the business. 

Honeymoon over for Hecky? Boro up next lol

They've got Boro at home and then away at Cov. Two pretty huge games. 

And yeah, it appears that without Sharp they have zero goals. Gibbs White is a very good player too tbf, but how on earth you end up spending hundreds of millions and you are still reliant on the 36-year-old as the main source of goals. 

13 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

I don’t get why managers don’t stamp that out in their squad, I wouldn’t accept it - hit and miss, fair enough, but trying to be clever - no excuse

Jesus Christ I’d be absolutely fuming - that could be difference of momentum and getting into playoffs and he’s t0ssed about with it 

Agree , "the cameras are on me ,look how easy im going to make this look , s0d the team this is about me" 

12 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

They’ve had so little success in most of their fans’ lifetimes that being hammered by us is an honour for them.

It was a goal rich game 🙂

9 hours ago, swfcAH said:

Because they have no imagination, everything copied from us, Ground, Nickname, Style of shirt, Insulting nickname to call them, Why not nick our songs?

You'd almost call them a tribute act...

Hand on heart ,I think it was originally theirs! , they are welcome to steal our one line anthem hi ho if they want its pathetic 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

Style of shirt - interesting. 

Who wore stripes first, us or them?

From what I've seen in books and websites, the earliest reference to us having vertical stripes was 1890-91, and for them it was the following season. From what I can see there is a gap in our records between 1881-86 though so we could have had stripes even earlier.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Only 2 wins from their last 6 and in 5 of those games they’ve scored 1 or less. Not exactly blistering form. Suggests they struggle for goals if Sharp doesn’t do the business. 

Honeymoon over for Hecky? Boro up next lol

Tufty: The Return.

lol

6 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

I'm sure I've heard that they were singing the boxing day song before the game happened then we nicked it to rub their noses in it after. Might not be true though. 

Yes mate that's right. They were top and we were about 6th and had lost a few games at home. They were saying they would massacre us in the run up to the game and started singing the song. We turned it round on them like we did 'mind the gap'. 

• Thanks 1