The Wilderless Years

Speaking to my piggy contact today, and he was saying no one within the club had a clue. Players found out when they got back training on the Thursday to have a new manager sprung upon them

Slav went to the board a week ago saying he needs 4 strikers gone, new wingers, new LB, new CMs, to be laughed out of the office

Hecky was apparently going to be appointed before slav, but because they hadn't got the other 2 clubs purchases sealed up yet for "United World" and Slav approached them, they decided to give him ago because he looked really good on paper

Not much gossip but still interesting to hear. Think it's pretty clear they need to get promoted with 3 years though,else they'll have FFP to contend with

1 minute ago, smhouston said:

Speaking to my piggy contact today, and he was saying no one within the club had a clue. Players found out when they got back training on the Thursday to have a new manager sprung upon them

Slav went to the board a week ago saying he needs 4 strikers gone, new wingers, new LB, new CMs, to be laughed out of the office

Hecky was apparently going to be appointed before slav, but because they hadn't got the other 2 clubs purchases sealed up yet for "United World" and Slav approached them, they decided to give him ago because he looked really good on paper

Not much gossip but still interesting to hear. Think it's pretty clear they need to get promoted with 3 years though,else they'll have FFP to contend with

Hecky is clearly a yes man who will tow the party line. 

They've decided that the current squad is incredible and didn't like old Slav telling them it isn't. 

Hecky will work with the current players and that's all they care about. 

We all know the Prince hasn't got a pot to pi55 in and you have to wonder what the future brings if they don't go up this season. Think the 85 million pounds debt and the loans taken out on future tv payments have right royally screwed them. 

Oh well. 

Guest Tactical Bacon

The way I look it it is we've hit the bottom and are on a (slow) curve upwards. Costs at our club are in check now and there is a light at the end of the tunnel

The have such huge commitments and a limited income, the bottom is a long way off for them - and will be much worse than our drop as a result.

48 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Hecky is clearly a yes man who will tow the party line. 

They've decided that the current squad is incredible and didn't like old Slav telling them it isn't. 

Hecky will work with the current players and that's all they care about. 

We all know the Prince hasn't got a pot to pi55 in and you have to wonder what the future brings if they don't go up this season. Think the 85 million pounds debt and the loans taken out on future tv payments have right royally screwed them. 

Oh well. 

Didnt the matalan track suit guy say they will spend.....ooops, sorry...." invest" even more than  the 420million, theyve spent already.

Far from not having a pot to ******** in, they are absolutely loaded. I have no reason to disbelief this......honest

25 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

Didnt the matalan track suit guy say they will spend.....ooops, sorry...." invest" even more than  the 420million, theyve spent already.

Far from not having a pot to ******** in, they are absolutely loaded. I have no reason to disbelief this......honest

lol 

Yes, I wonder if that 420 million may have been loaned to them based on future tv money...

Heckingbottom stunk of Yes Man to oversee a downscale process, and that was before that press release and press conference outright confirmed it. 

They just need a body at low cost, low hassle and with even lower expectations to “run” the “football side”. And in this case, running it just means getting a tune out of what they’ve got.

From a business perspective you can sort of see it. They are probably looking at £100m of players who aren’t playing while the team struggles in the second division and wondering what’s going on. They just need someone they can tell to play their investments. Example number 3,471 however of how football just isn’t like any other business.. 

1 minute ago, sheffield_dave said:

Heckingbottom stunk of Yes Man to oversee a downscale process, and that was before that press release and press conference outright confirmed it. 

They just need a body at low cost, low hassle and with even lower expectations to “run” the “football side”. And in this case, running it just means getting a tune out of what they’ve got.

From a business perspective you can sort of see it. They are probably looking at £100m of players who aren’t playing while the team struggles in the second division and wondering what’s going on. They just need someone they can tell to play their investments. Example number 3,471 however of how football just isn’t like any other business.. 

A bloody 5-year contract too, though I imagine he's on a fraction of what Slav was. 

As you say, guy is clearly a patsy and yes man. 

He will tell them what they want to hear. Who knows, he may well have to go along with who they want to play too...

Just now, SiJ said:

A bloody 5-year contract too, though I imagine he's on a fraction of what Slav was. 

As you say, guy is clearly a patsy and yes man. 

He will tell them what they want to hear. Who knows, he may well have to go along with who they want to play too...

Let’s hope Jim Royle is the one picking the team, after he said yesterday he doesn’t know anything about football

I distinctly recall someone ringing RS on Weds tea time praising Slav & his formations etc in their last 2 games. Coventry 0-0 who were in 4th and an away win 1-0 at Reading. The caller pointed out that Cov were no mugs and winning at Reading is no mean feat, coupled with 2 clean sheets.

I nodded to myself as I drove along, honestly worried that he might have a point & their season might be turning for the better. He also said it would be silly to sack him, as he seemed to have found a proper formula, to paraphrase.

So then what do they go and do?!  WTF:

If a man like Slav & his previous record, couldn't get Cwissy's circle jerkers to play, how the heck is inbottom going to?

This is manna from heaven for us lot. And to think that caller almost had me..............

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

I'm I right in thinking that the company/entity that controls all this stuff is called "United World?" 

Sounds like the sh*ttest theme park on the planet. 

United World will be the downfall of Sheffield United. Money is been taken away from them to prop up the other teams in U W. 

I am probably in the minority here. But I actually think Heckingbottom will do ok there.  Not promotion or anything. But he will stabilise them.

Will go back to the same tactics Wilder had, with probably the same sort of players. Was u23s coach so will integrate most of them ok aswell..

We won't be passing them on our way to promotion, put it that way.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I am probably in the minority here. But I actually think Heckingbottom will do ok there.  Not promotion or anything. But he will stabilise them.

Will go back to the same tactics Wilder had, with probably the same sort of players. Was u23s coach so will integrate most of them ok aswell..

We won't be passing them on our way to promotion, put it that way.

Nothing really to suggest that though. Apart from one good season at Barnsley he has failed as a manager at other clubs. It's clear as day that he's been brought in as a yes man and not for his managerial ability. He'll lap up whatever the board says and keep his trap shut where as Slav was outspoken similar to Wilder and if he wasn't happy with the board he'd make it known in his post match interviews. Hecky will be the polar opposite praising the board at every opportunity and that is the only reason he's got the job

• Like 1