The Wilderless Years

Just working my way through that press conference.

Chairman saying so much and yet so little of any value.

I'm not a football person, but I'm in the football business and I want to get people around me who know football...and Paul Heckingbottom is that man...

Many of our assets are children...

We want to promote equality...

Absolute gobbledegook.

58 minutes ago, kristmace said:

No one in the Prem would gamble on him after his performance at S2 so far and no one in the Championship has £8m to risk anymore. They'd be lucky for anyone to come in for Brewster as his wages are likely to be very high too. 

Won't be a problem for them. You're forgetting that Liverpool have a buy back clause.   

Rhian Brewster

Despite never scoring a competitive goal for the club, Liverpool rated Brewster highly enough to include a buyback option when selling him to Sheffield United for £23.5million. While the amount for the buyback has not been officially specified, it is expected to be within the £30-35million range.17 Nov 2020

At least he's consistent 🙂

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I two points off a champions league place, to bottom end of the championship, skint and rudderless in less than two years. I don’t think any of us in our wildest dreams could see an implosion of this magnitude. Absolutely spectacular. 

Plenty of games left to play this season. 50/1 to go down, they couldn’t… could they?

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

I love the fact it wasn't just an unveiling of Paul Heckingbottom as manager, but also an unveiling of the bloke who has been chairman for the last year or something. 

Genius. 

Whilst wearing a tracksuit. 😂

37 minutes ago, Nut said:

Whilst wearing a tracksuit. 😂

I actually missed that. A Saudi lawyer, who has to introduce himself to the press as the chairman, admitting he knows nothing about football, and won’t be seen anywhere the club....... but feels the need to come to meet the press dressed in some random football attire. 
It’s like an episode of league of gentlemen. The more you watch it the more bits of great comedy you discover that you missed in the chaos of the first watch. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

48 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I actually missed that. A Saudi lawyer, who has to introduce himself to the press as the chairman, admitting he knows nothing about football, and won’t be seen anywhere the club....... but feels the need to come to meet the press dressed in some random football attire. 
It’s like an episode of league of gentlemen. The more you watch it the more bits of great comedy you discover that you missed in the chaos of the first watch. 

Think he's been chairman for a year as well. Bizarre.

3 hours ago, BIG D said:

I'll be honest I was worried about it happening.

This is the table when lockdown came + they were in the FA Cup Quarter Finals with a home game against Arsenal.

1 Liverpool  29  82

2 Man City  27  57

3 Leicester  28  50

4 Chelsea  28  45

5 Wolves  29 43

6 Sheff Utd  28  43

7 Man Utd  28  42

8 Tottenham  29  41

9 Arsenal  28  40

B@stard heart-breaking what has happened since 😞

lol

Exactly 

Also after lockdown they came back and spanked both Chelsea and Tottenham

Europe at one point was looking a real possibility 

4 hours ago, BIG D said:

I'll be honest I was worried about it happening.

This is the table when lockdown came + they were in the FA Cup Quarter Finals with a home game against Arsenal.

1 Liverpool  29  82

2 Man City  27  57

3 Leicester  28  50

4 Chelsea  28  45

5 Wolves  29 43

6 Sheff Utd  28  43

7 Man Utd  28  42

8 Tottenham  29  41

9 Arsenal  28  40

B@stard heart-breaking what has happened since 😞

lol

There was a definite PROBABLITY of them qualifying for the Europa League and being in a winnable FA Cup semi final.  There was a real POSSIBILITY  of them qualifying for the Champions league and winning the FA Cup so, yes , I too was worried. Just like us in 93 they blew a real chance of joining the elite.

I can't recall any other instance of a club sacking a proven manager after 6 months and giving a 4 year deal to their reserve coach . It's absolutely bizarre. As was the press conference, full of gobbledegook meaning absolutely nothing. I love it!