OFFICIAL - Bailey Peacock Farrell signs for SWFC

1 minute ago, megsonstheman said:

Agree, he was dire at Leeds.....can only hope he's improved over the last couple of years.

That dire that Burnley paid £3m for him and a current international goalkeeper, Hmm I think you don't know what you're talking about.

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

Very strange signing I have to admit.

I still honestly would not rule us getting Westwood back very late on as a number 1 keeper.  We have 3 keepers with similar profile and quality in the squad, I am not convinced any are a number 1 goalie.

Can see fair bit of chop and change in goalie position again . Pressure will be on back there again if we are lacking goals up front .

Why would we want to bring back old biscuit knees, glass back, powdered shoulder, brittle ankles.

Would rather bring back Kevin Pressman as number 1 than that liability. BPF will be this seasons number 1 or why bring him in. 

Leeds fan in peace.

I never rated him, but for some reason, when a youth player comes through at Leeds, we can get a premium for them, did same with Jack clarke.

likeable lad but he wasn’t nicknamed rubber wrist for nothing, had a real problem, I think on his right side, couldn’t keep anything out.

But I think there a bigger picture here

Whilst I think he’s not very good, on paper it’s an ambitious signing and gives out the right signals, which I think is massive for you at this time.

Plus he’s better than them two you’ve got 🙈🙈

44 minutes ago, wakefieldinleed1 said:

Leeds fan in peace.

I never rated him, but for some reason, when a youth player comes through at Leeds, we can get a premium for them, did same with Jack clarke.

likeable lad but he wasn’t nicknamed rubber wrist for nothing, had a real problem, I think on his right side, couldn’t keep anything out.

Whilst I think he’s not very good, on paper it’s an ambitious signing and gives out the right signals, which I think is massive for you at this time.

Hardly convinced me that he's better than what we've got...not with a nickname like rubber wrists!

He's played very little first team football, so I hope the scouts have done their job here as bringing in someone like this will destroy what confidence the existing keepers have.

We can only judge him on what we see, so good luck to him.

5 hours ago, Gob_Bluth said:

And so what?

Does that make the point invalid?

They are a top half PL team having previously watched their team cruise to promotion. We are a L1 team and been dismal for a number of years and have a history of worshipping distinctly average players. I would say a Leeds fan has far more basis to judge a good player than a SWFC fan.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, wakefieldinleed1 said:

Leeds fan in peace.

Never once called Rubber Wrists.

Spoke to a good few of my mates who are ST holders and they all responded with “What?! Never heard that “

on that bombshell, I’ll say you’re talking absolute ball hocks 

18 minutes ago, 83owl said:

They are a top half PL team having previously watched their team cruise to promotion. We are a L1 team and been dismal for a number of years and have a history of worshipping distinctly average players. I would say a Leeds fan has far more basis to judge a good player than a SWFC fan.

But they weren't better than us at the time in fact it took them years to overtake us after they slagged us off for taking Lees from them.

Do we have to stop singing about the boxing day massacre because United are above us now? Shall we stop mocking other teams incase they overtake us in future.

Are you a Leeds fan in disguise?

Edited by Gob_Bluth
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

But they weren't better than us at the time in fact it took them years to overtake us after they slagged us off for taking Lees from them.

Do we have to stop singing about the boxing day massacre because United are above us now? Shall we stop mocking other teams incase they overtake us in future.

Are you a Leeds fan in disguise?

So since the transfer they have overtaken us and now a PL team. We are in L1.

4 minutes ago, 83owl said:

So since the transfer they have overtaken us and now a PL team. We are in L1.

But again, so what? 

Is everything is football only allowed with a retrospective?

Aren't we allowed to mock the blades about the mind the game season or the boxing day massacre? Because they're now a championship team and we're in League one.

Does our cup victory over man utd in 91 mean nothing because of what has happened since?