OFFICIAL - Bailey Peacock Farrell signs for SWFC

Just now, mcmigo said:

Very strange signing I have to admit.

I still honestly would not rule us getting Westwood back very late on as a number 1 keeper.  We have 3 keepers with similar profile and quality in the squad, I am not convinced any are a number 1 goalie.

Can see fair bit of chop and change in goalie position again . Pressure will be on back there again if we are lacking goals up front .

I’d manage those expectations. There is not a chance in hell Westwood will be back.

BPF is our new no. 1.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Very strange signing I have to admit.

I still honestly would not rule us getting Westwood back very late on as a number 1 keeper.  We have 3 keepers with similar profile and quality in the squad, I am not convinced any are a number 1 goalie.

Can see fair bit of chop and change in goalie position again . Pressure will be on back there again if we are lacking goals up front .

Burnley have not let us have Peacock Farrell and we have not paid 300k for him to be back up to Westwood.

WTF:

23 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Leeds fans laughed when we took Tom Lees off them too, I wouldn't put much stock into what Leeds fans think

Yes theyve really struggled since then. It's fair to say theyve really missed him.

33 minutes ago, sethman75 said:

YES!!! Signing of the season for us. 

We have needed a decent keeper for 3 years or more and now we actually have one and a really good prospect as well

Great stuff

Is he? I wasn't  impressed with him at L***s and he ended up getting dropped. Lots of fans weren't keen on him. Only been third choice at Burnley. Hope he's  fine but very cautious.

5 minutes ago, gazzatheowl said:

Great signing. In the bits and pieces I’ve seen of him in the past few years, since reach scored that screamer against him, he looks to have improved a hell of a lot.

Since then hes only played for Northern Ireland and a couple of cup ties at Burnley.

Pleased with the signing. A problematic position strengthened with an international goalkeeper at a good age that needs game time. An improvement on Dawson and Wildsmith, can't see what's not to like about this signing at the level we're at its a very good signing to be honest and not one I thought we'd be able to make. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1