OFFICIAL - Bailey Peacock Farrell signs for SWFC

16 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

So awful Burnley paid over 3 mill.

Burnley love signing a keeper….they were stockpiling England keepers at one point with Pope, Hart and  Butland all there. No co-incidence that their head of recruitment was an ex keeper….a very good one at that

8 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Yep me too. Leeds fans don't rate him at all. 

However this is a lower division and he's a young lad who has done well at international level so fingers crossed it works out. 

Leeds fans are quite possibly the thickest in football. Couldnt judge a player to save their lifes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

You are friends with a Leeds fan? Flagellate thy self and say one thousand Hail Mary's.

Work in York I’m surrounded by mostly Leeds fans. Love it when we stuff em at theirs and go in to the tea room and make a nice cup of tea in my Wednesday mug 😛😂

• Like 1

Just now, Yorkowl.74 said:

Work in York I’m surrounded by mostly Leeds fans. Love it when we stuff em at theirs and go in to the tea room and make a nice cup of tea in my Wednesday mug 😛😂

Yeah I live in York, its pretty much all Leeds fans round here sadly lol

19 minutes ago, Ian said:

Burnley love signing a keeper….they were stockpiling England keepers at one point with Pope, Hart and  Butland all there. No co-incidence that their head of recruitment was an ex keeper….a very good one at that

Yea, and the times i have seen him play he looks a competent keeper unlike our two, who continually fill you with dread.

56 minutes ago, striker said:

Loan, reported Burnley wanted £300k loan fee and wages won't be cheap either.

No idea how true it is, but I've heard the £300k is the total we're due to pay, including wage contribution (Burnley more interested in him getting game time)

• Thanks 1

Guest Mcguigan
47 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Fingers crossed. Bielsa wanted somebody older with more authority in goal  - that's why he dropped him. Let's hope Moore's got it right. 

19 year old Meslier played 35 PL games for Bielsa last season. 

He dropped because BPF cause he has biscuits wrists, according to my in laws.

Very strange signing I have to admit.

I still honestly would not rule us getting Westwood back very late on as a number 1 keeper.  We have 3 keepers with similar profile and quality in the squad, I am not convinced any are a number 1 goalie.

Can see fair bit of chop and change in goalie position again . Pressure will be on back there again if we are lacking goals up front .

• Haha 1