PORT VALE vs SWFC - Official Matchday Thread

15 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Gillingham. 🤮. What a shitholious place. Same for all the Medway towns. Four plus years of my 25 years of service stuck on course there. Only place that makes Rotherham look classy

I was going to say I have fond memories of Gillingham, but rather I've got fond memories of an Italian girl from Naples I went out with who somehow found herself living in Gillingham

She was a right go-er 😂

Ahhh Giovanna I miss you 

4 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

That was a nice evening out.

In truth, we looked like a team with a lot of new faces getting to know each other, which we are, especially with BPF and Wing just joining.

But its bloody nice to see a team with plenty pace and energy all throughout the team, including the subs that came on. FDB took his goal really, really well and he looked a right handful.

My take is that we miss a crafty powerful striker who gets defenders edgy, but in fairness Adedoyin played pretty well making some nifty runs and linking up well, and he'll be useful and definitely contribute this season.

And we've become reliant on Bannan in the middle to take control of a game - so we do miss that aspect too

(not the only way to play though) ... and perhaps Lewis Wing has been brought in to share the load here.

But apart from that I do like the look of this squad. It's nice having Jack Hunt back, he doesn't half cover some ground.  Iorfa will be an absolute Rolls-Royce of a defender in this league if we can somehow keep him.

Other thing was just how much I think fans will help the players this season. Apart from Tango we were pretty quiet for most the 2nd half but my god the players didn't half pick up once the songs suddenly started up again. Like a different beast of a team, responding almost instantly to what felt like a jee-up from the fans in what was turning into a pretty flat draw.  Honestly, I think we'd just forgotten what it's like to be at a game and make some noise. 

Fair play to all the big noise makers here, I'd forgotten what a power we can be when it really gets going - and that was only 500 at a friendly on a wet evening in Stoke.

500? Latest estimates were closer to a million. 

Also sounds like you're making a case for Big Dave to make a return. 

In all seriousness, cheers for the summary. 

2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Used to be 6 seconds. refs always allowed whatever though.

Always one of my pet hates when you see an opposing keeper wasting time by holding on to the ball for longer than 6 seconds! What’s the point of the law if it’s never enacted!?!

… never seems to bother me when a Wednesday keeper does it though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Never boo'ed a Wednesday player

Never?! You should try it. It’s very cathartic. Pretty much the only way I coped watching Beswetherick back in the day. 

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

Hope Chansiri doesn't get any ideas from Gillingham...

111341164_Screenshot_20210727-203511_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c50dff88092ee387e315d4e754f507d4.jpg

"You have nothing to worry about! Case in point: playoff t shirts are still full price at the club shop!" 

:Chansiri: