PORT VALE vs SWFC - Official Matchday Thread

6 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Last time I went to Vale Park was the 05 promotion season  I believe, We won 2-0 , Kenwyne Jones and JP McGovern scoring.

I went to a cup game (at least I think it was a cup game).. you're memory is probably better than mine. Any ideas the year? I was thinking... maybe.. 2007?

7 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

I went to a cup game (at least I think it was a cup game).. you're memory is probably better than mine. Any ideas the year? I was thinking... maybe.. 2007?

Think if memory serves we lost a cup game there in 09 maybe 10. Was when Tudgay and Burton played for us 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

ahem….

25th August 2009

24 minutes ago, Random Task said:

ahhhh. Good memories of “The Jeffers Game”

Edited by Random Task
  • Like 1

Last time I went to port vale I think Francis Jeffers got sent off for head butting 

or was that against Rochdale or Stoke? 

sure it was portvale 

we got a flat tyre opposite site of the road coming back to one of their locals it was just about to kick off with our car getting peppered with bottles being thrown then old bill came and allowed us to change it 

10 minutes ago, thekimmyowl said:

Typical Jeffers gets fit for a game then gets sent off and misses a few games. Couldn’t make it up 

Start of a glittering career with us that culminated in him missing that header against palarse that sent us down. Lazy twohat and a permanent feature in the Wednesday worst 11.