Have you ever had a proper argument with someone sat near you at the match?

6 hours ago, damianb1 said:

Yep, was at burnden park with my dad as a teenager and some imbecile around us thought Jeff Winter was of Asain heritage and used the P word to abuse him. I told him in no uncertain terms to shut it and pointed out his stupidity as Winter wasn't what he'd claimed he was. He chuntered a bit but didn't say a peep after that.

As in this Jeff Winter?????

image.thumb.png.22043625ec86b6bce83089dd7c7b58cf.png

How much anthrax did he snort before the match 😂

• Haha 3

January 1987 at filbert street , Wednesday were losing 6-1 and when some of the more ‘lively’ Wednesday fans started shouting “Wilkinson out ! “ my mate turned around and called them a bunch of see you next tuesdays !     

Weenie didn’t appear impressed !

Yes, bloke we named the tone deaf talker. Never happy, always moaning and his voice was a cross between a robot and a dentist drill. 

Cold midweek game, 0-0 after about 80 minutes against someone shocking, JJ got the ball in our own box from one of their corners, beat half a dozen men to get into their box, then in true JJ style put it into the back of the kop. T'owd tone deaf started booing.

I mightve told him, in a polite way, to fųckin shurrup! 

"I've been supporting these since I was 5, I go home and away, I deserve to boo!"

1. You're not supporting, you're criticising the only exciting bit if football we'd seen that night. 

2. Deserve to boo? Do you mean you feel you've got a right to boo because of how many matches you've attended? 

3. Fųck off and stop talking cos you're voice is hurting most people's ears.  

His mates started chelping, my mates had a go back, one of em offered my mates the chance to meet him in/outside the toilets, dunno why, sounded a bit ominous to me, but when my mate tried to follow him down the steps he just cut into another row and pretended he didn't see him and that was his intention to move seats all along. 

Theres one I always wanted to have a row with....Funnily enough he has been missing the last couple of seasons...he was on the left of the Kop near the middle...and continuously used to shout......

"FFS! Owuso....!!!"...

Even years after Owusu had left..

It annoyed me for some reason ..but my lad said he thought he "Might have a problem"

He even shouted it when sodding Bannan had a shot once....I mean...f.ook me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In the same vein...theres a lad with a reight high pitched voice..same area of the Kop.....

We were gettin' beat by someone at home the other year....Bannan got the ball and did his usual "3 turns"...This bloke shouted

"Stop f.ookin' spinnin' Bannan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I was honestly in bloody tucks...

You had to be there lol

Had to have a word a couple of times with people shouting racist abuse

One young guy mid twentyish sat next to us on the Cantilever, it must have been a cup game because it wasn't his usual seat, he shouted a racist remark at Antonio

Another time a group of 4 or 5 lads sat immediately behind us, again all mid twentyish, all well oiled, one of them shouted something racist at an away player, in fairness to his mates they all seemed embarrased for him, it was during our last visit to league one, so about 10 years ago.

• Thanks 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Sat on the Kop with my mate and there was a mum, dad and son sat behind us. The son kept kicking the back of our seats. We were trying to do the right thing and let the lil barstool tire himself out, but he didn't. Eventually my mate turned round and said the young man in question "If you don't stop kicking out seats, I'm gonna slap you, then I'm gonna slap your mom then your dad." Needless to say we enjoyed the rest of the match, well as much as any Wednesday fan can.

On 27/07/2021 at 17:19, Ever the pessimist said:

Stockpot at home in 2005, we needed a win as our playoff hopes faded (obviously it all worked out well). We huffed and puffed to a 0-0 draw and a guy behind was shouting abuse at the team. I pointed out they were trying, just not very good! 

He started pushing and shoving, offered to meet me at The Crown by the dog track for a one on one... Was one of those where the rest of the stand all started standing to get a look. 

He even swung for the back of my head as I went down the gangway at full time.

I love a good Stockpot

• Haha 1

Yeah, my parents when I was about 10 years old and told them I was going to go and throw my bottle of coke at Warnock from the South.

In hindsight, maybe I'd have been better off going through with it and taking a 20 year ban from Hillsborough :duntmatter:

Some absolute cretins were kicking off in the Grandstand yesterday (family section of all places). Father and son v 3 lads. A lot of naughty words and pointing culminated in an offer of fisticuffs on the concourse, which although accepted by both parties nobody moved a muscle. Disappointing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1