Have you ever had a proper argument with someone sat near you at the match?

Has anyone around you got you so annoyed or done something that has caused you to have a proper row with them?

(note - when i say 'proper row' I just mean an argument. I'm not using the phrase to try to be a burberry pointing hoolie Danny Dyer type 'lad' weirdo type)

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Has anyone around you got you so annoyed or done something that has caused you to have a proper row with them?

(note - when i say 'proper row' I just mean an argument. I'm not using the phrase to try to be a burberry pointing hoolie Danny Dyer type 'lad' weirdo type)

There was a guy who just kept slamming Brunt constantly, even when he was playing well. (Alongside other players unnecessarily) I always had a few choice words with him. But there was a quiet guy in front of me, who went with his son. He one day clearly had enough of the guy and blew his head at him, don't think the guy knew what hit him. Didn't hear much of him after that.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, No Uniform said:

There was a guy who just kept slamming Brunt constantly, even when he was playing well. (Alongside other players unnecessarily) I always had a few choice words with him. But there was a quiet guy in front of me, who went with his son. He one day clearly had enough of the guy and blew his head at him, don't think the guy knew what hit him. Didn't hear much of him after that.

Love to see it

Always good to see a nobber put in their piace and told to pipe down

lol

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Yep, was at burnden park with my dad as a teenager and some imbecile around us thought Jeff Winter was of Asain heritage and used the P word to abuse him. I told him in no uncertain terms to shut it and pointed out his stupidity as Winter wasn't what he'd claimed he was. He chuntered a bit but didn't say a peep after that.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
50 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Love to see it

Always good to see a nobber put in their piace and told to pipe down

lol

Sssshhhhhh.

Aye, on the kop a couple of years ago.  Bells behind me nodding at each other week in week out about how bad Gary Hooper was.  Hooper tried to take someone on one game and they both were up in arms, screaming at him for even attempting to take someone on ('EVEREH TIIIIIIIIIME HOOPER!!!!1!!!) and it was the final straw for me (I'd been in Germany boozing all the week before so I was... sensitive).  I popped.  They said they'd say what they want,  I told them to stop being so negative or keep it to themselves rather than announcing their thoughts to the kop.  It was all a bit pathetic really.   Tits.

It made no difference.  They continue to stroke each other off and talk utter gonads.  They found and will find other scapegoats to jump on at the slightest mistake.  I've shifted now so someone else can put up with the nonsense.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, damianb1 said:

Yep, was at burnden park with my dad as a teenager and some imbecile around us thought Jeff Winter was of Asain heritage and used the P word to abuse him. I told him in no uncertain terms to shut it and pointed out his stupidity as Winter wasn't what he'd claimed he was. He chuntered a bit but didn't say a peep after that.

Reminds me of a time on the Kop about 10+ years ago when some díckhead a few rows behind me was racially abusing JJ. A bloke sat near me got up, walked to where this racist príck was sat, and slotted him

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wednesdaywizard said:

Aye, on the kop a couple of years ago.  Bells behind me nodding at each other week in week out about how bad Gary Hooper was.  Hooper tried to take someone on one game and they both were up in arms, screaming at him for even attempting to take someone on ('EVEREH TIIIIIIIIIME HOOPER!!!!1!!!) and it was the final straw for me (I'd been in Germany boozing all the week before so I was... sensitive).  I popped.  They said they'd say what they want,  I told them to stop being so negative or keep it to themselves rather than announcing their thoughts to the kop.  It was all a bit pathetic really.   Tits.

It made no difference.  They continue to stroke each other off and talk utter gonads.  They found and will find other scapegoats to jump on at the slightest mistake.  I've shifted now so someone else can put up with the nonsense.

We were on the kop for about 5 years...and you hear this kinda crap pretty often...You just think what must your life be like if you need to get that angry at a footballer...and actually single one out

10 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

We were on the kop for about 5 years...and you hear this kinda crap pretty often...You just think what must your life be like if you need to get that angry at a footballer...and actually single one out

I'm sure some people use it as some sort of counselling session.  Vent their anger regardless.

There's the 'Bloody 'Ell man' who sits central on the kop.  He gets flustered.  My brother in law came to a game, he's a west ham fan, and I told him that there was a bloke near us who would shout 'BLOODY 'ELL'  at top of his voice throughout.  Wednesday kicked off that game.  Long ball forward to Fletcher, who didn't win the header... BLOODY 'ELL!!!!!!!!

13 seconds we timed it at.  Hilarious.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, wednesdaywizard said:

I'm sure some people use it as some sort of counselling session.  Vent their anger regardless.

There's the 'Bloody 'Ell man' who sits central on the kop.  He gets flustered.  My brother in law came to a game, he's a west ham fan, and I told him that there was a bloke near us who would shout 'BLOODY 'ELL'  at top of his voice throughout.  Wednesday kicked off that game.  Long ball forward to Fletcher, who didn't win the header... BLOODY 'ELL!!!!!!!!

13 seconds we timed it at.  Hilarious.

I used to sit near a bloke who I’m sure bought two season tickets so he could smash his hand down on the seat next to him every time something went wrong (so quite frequently). Come to think of it, this was quite central on the Kop too. Maybe it’s the same person?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Well.......

• Haha 9

Stockpot at home in 2005, we needed a win as our playoff hopes faded (obviously it all worked out well). We huffed and puffed to a 0-0 draw and a guy behind was shouting abuse at the team. I pointed out they were trying, just not very good! 

He started pushing and shoving, offered to meet me at The Crown by the dog track for a one on one... Was one of those where the rest of the stand all started standing to get a look. 

He even swung for the back of my head as I went down the gangway at full time.

• Haha 2