Educate Me On Your Club

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

We also have the Rotherham Owls coach, which take fans of Wednesday from Rotherham to Hillsborough, by coach.  The fans who travel on coach are regarded as the most passionate and loyal of the clubs fans.   

Indeed many Sheffield based fans travel to Rotherham just to drink and mingle with the true believers and will buy them pints of beer all afternoon in the belief that it will bring them good fortune.

We leave from Silverwood Miners club in Dalton around 14:00 and its costs around £7 and arrives back about 17:45.

I heard some people drive past Hillsborough to Silverwood miners. Park their cars their just to get the Rotherham Owls coach. 

could be urban myth tho. 

Generally speaking, we have one or two good seasons in the Champ and then we get relegated back to League One and have to start all over again.

This time we managed to achieve this feat by spending probably about 150 million.

I think the kids might call us a "bantz" club.

I think it is also fair to say we have a pretty demanding fanbase but one who will stick by the club despite all the sh*t.

We are also quite good at taking the pi55 out of ourselves.

Just look for the SWFC meme thread.

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I think it is also fair to say we have a pretty demanding fanbase but one who will stick by the club despite all the sh*t.

We are also quite good at taking the pi55 out of ourselves.

Just look for the SWFC meme thread.

I think fans of most clubs would say the same about themselves. 

12 hours ago, DumbAmerican said:

How did you first find out about Sheffield Wednesday?

English doctors moved into our neighborhood in 1970, fleeing socialized medicine.  One of them was a huge Wednesday fan, Dad was a huge sports fan.  Dr. Packingham taught us about "soccer",  our entire families would fly over for games and....

50 years later here we are.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 27/07/2021 at 08:51, DumbAmerican said:

Hi! I am an American Manchester United fan who is simulating your team on FM21 (mainly because I wanted to simulate the Blades' rival since I don't like them very much for personal reasons).

I am aware of your financial situation and I am very sorry to hear about it (I hope you guys do well in the near future).

Most new foreign fans of Sheffield teams pick the pigs over their recent prem stint (and they refer to them as Sheffield smh) so I am in the minority who pick you guys over your rivals lately it feels like.

My first season of FM21, I got the owls to finish 16th in the table (would be 13th without the deduction), and I finished 3rd in the defensive table, which was not easy but I enjoyed simulating with your team a lot. 

Please educate me on your team a bit. I sound a bit silly here but I genuinely want to know more about your team. 

Were you referred from Reddit by any chance?

• Thanks 1

On 27/07/2021 at 09:47, Baldockowl said:

Sheffield Wednesday is the best team in Sheffield. Sheffield Football Club is the second best team in Sheffield. The third best team is Sheffield Wednesday Reserves. There are no other teams in Sheffield.

Sheffield FC don't play in Sheffield and we no longer have a reserve team. The rest is 100% true.

My tip for Football (Champ Manager, sorry I'm old, still call it by its proper name) manager is to save it and cheat. Man U fan? You've just sold your soul to Wednesday . Forget Old Trafford. Live the glamour of a midweek fixture away at a rainy Accrington Stanley. THIS IS FOOTBALL!