Educate Me On Your Club

If your on fm21 sell everyone apart from penny and iorfa

In real life we were good 20odd years ago. Way better then the likes of Chelsea and man City.  Been poor pretty much every season since in relative terms. We tend not to have too many mid table obscurity seasons though so it's always fun/tragic being a fan 

10 minutes ago, neo hippy said:

If your on fm21 sell everyone apart from penny and iorfa

In real life we were good 20odd years ago. Way better then the likes of Chelsea and man City.  Been poor pretty much every season since in relative terms. We tend not to have too many mid table obscurity seasons though so it's always fun/tragic being a fan 

When was this? I seem to remember them winning trophies including a European trophy whilst all we could muster was 7th on the odd occasion. 

1 hour ago, DumbAmerican said:

Hi! I am an American Manchester United fan who is simulating your team on FM21 (mainly because I wanted to simulate the Blades' rival since I don't like them very much for personal reasons).

I am aware of your financial situation and I am very sorry to hear about it (I hope you guys do well in the near future).

Most new foreign fans of Sheffield teams pick the pigs over their recent prem stint (and they refer to them as Sheffield smh) so I am in the minority who pick you guys over your rivals lately it feels like.

My first season of FM21, I got the owls to finish 16th in the table (would be 13th without the deduction), and I finished 3rd in the defensive table, which was not easy but I enjoyed simulating with your team a lot. 

Please educate me on your team a bit. I sound a bit silly here but I genuinely want to know more about your team. 

We are currently the 2nd oldest club in the league after Nottingham forest. Sheffield is arguably the birth place of modern football as we have the worlds oldest club here (Sheffield FC) and the worlds oldest stadium (HallamFC). 
Sheffield is one of the biggest cities in England but Wednesday have a lot of competition in the area as locally Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham all have league clubs and we have Sheffield United within Sheffield too as you know (compared to say Leeds who are a one club city with little competition nearby)

We are quite well supported locally, and likely have more fans in South Yorkshire than other teams local to us however this is not always reflected in our attendances due to our generally higher pricing and lack of success. 
Due to the size of the city and the prominence of the club we are always hopeful one day we can again become a big club in the PL-but in the past we have often been hindered by bad off field decisions and leadership.

We are traditionally regarded as a big club and would sit in an all time top flight but most success wasn’t in our lifetimes. We are still Yorkshire’s (which is the biggest county in England) most successful side based on honours.

We are utterly obsessed as fans by the size of the club and past history.

• Like 3

Hi! I am an American Manchester United fan who is simulating your team on FM21 (mainly because I wanted to simulate the Blades' rival since I don't like them very much for personal reasons).

I am aware of your financial situation and I am very sorry to hear about it (I hope you guys do well in the near future).

Most new foreign fans of Sheffield teams pick the pigs over their recent prem stint (and they refer to them as Sheffield smh) so I am in the minority who pick you guys over your rivals lately it feels like.

My first season of FM21, I got the owls to finish 16th in the table (would be 13th without the deduction), and I finished 3rd in the defensive table, which was not easy but I enjoyed simulating with your team a lot. 

Please educate me on your team a bit. I sound a bit silly here but I genuinely want to know more about your team. 

Pull up a chair,  this may take some time.  Let's start with our Leader..............

You've got a few days, yeah?

You must be really bored since you left the White House , what happened to the golf!!

Edited by Big Jack
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

When was this? I seem to remember them winning trophies including a European trophy whilst all we could muster was 7th on the odd occasion. 

They mean 30 years ago. Time flies when you are having fun.

WTF:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Early 90s. Chelsea and Man City could only wish they were us.

lol

Oh yeah Man City definitely. Only 20 odd years ago they were in the position we currently find ourselves in. Don't know how good Chelsea were in the early nineties. They were top flight whilst we got relegated though and got to an FA Cup final year after us. Don't think they would've been envious of us apart from the year we finished 3rd maybe.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Oh yeah Man City definitely. Only 20 odd years ago they were in the position we currently find ourselves in. Don't know how good Chelsea were in the early nineties. They were top flight whilst we got relegated though and got to an FA Cup final year after us. Don't think they would've been envious of us apart from the year we finished 3rd maybe.

Before that we had a good rivalry with Chelsea.  It seemed to ebb and flow.  We were always around them.in leagues.   When we went down, they did, when we got promoted, they did.  We had great players, they did, although it could be argued that we had better.  

1 hour ago, Rev Owl said:

Hi I think @Tony Pulis sums it up pretty well.

I'd disagree on one point, I think when we aren't doing well, that the atmosphere is very flat rather than poisonous although it might depend who sits around you.

Something to consider is that many fans of football in England don't get to choose a club, your usually born into it and once you are you stick with it however well or poorly your club does. It's a trap.

Definitely disagree with that. It's both flat and poisonous. Booing players during lineup announcement, booing players mid game, cheering when they get subbed

We can be truly awful fans at times

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DumbAmerican said:

Educate yourself via wiki

45 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Maybe I am exaggerating it a bit. But not even Chelsea fans would have said they were better than us in the early nineties.