• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  6. 6. Stuff the Chairman does

• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  7. 7. The Kit / Shirts the club releases each year

• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  8. 8. The badge the club has/uses (e.g. the old one or the new one)

• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  9. 9. How good the Megastore is and the stuff the club sells

• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  10. 10. Club communication with fans

• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  11. 11. Fans Forums / Meetings where fans can talk to club/chairman

• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  12. 12. I-Follow - the online service to watch/listen to games

• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  13. 13. Waterfront being the walkout music for games

• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  14. 14. The club being sustainable and breaking even/making a profit year on year

• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  15. 15. Sheffield Wednesday having a women's team

• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  16. 16. Going for promotion by all / any means necessary - even if it means taking risks with finances/overspending

• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  17. 17. Player Interviews before/after games or midweek

• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  18. 18. The quality of the SWFC Website

• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  19. 19. What fans of other clubs think about our fans / fanbase

• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  20. 20. Owen Morrison getting a bronze statue outside Hillsborough for being our best EVER young player in our entire history

• Very Important
    • Very Important

3 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

I voted that a women's football team is not important.

Can I just clarify that my opinion is "at the moment". 

Of course mate and I understand that some might have answered based on 'at the moment'

That wasn't the question though really it was meant 'in general' not 'at the moment' or 'with everything that's happened recently' or 'given the current chairman' or any other caveat

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

I think women's football is important but as a club we need to be able to run one team properly before we start thinking about running another team. (male or female)

This argument never holds water

It's like saying a chip shop can't sell chips if it's pies aren't very good and that they need to be able to cook pies properly before it can sell chips

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

If you are a car manufacturer and you make only one model that soon breaks down and falls apart soon after someone has purchased it, you want to fix those problems first before releasing a new model, that will probably have the same problems?

Don't you?

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This argument never holds water

It's like saying a chip shop can't sell chips if it's pies aren't very good and that they need to be able to cook pies properly before it can sell chips

I’ve noticed that often when you’re having a ‘mare and losing an argument you resort to the nonsensical analogy as a distraction. Even in discussions where I’ve agreed with your basic point, you’ve gone off on irrelevant tangents. The other “tactics” that you resort to are to tell your opposites that they’re “wrong”, or have been “conditioned/brainwashed”. It’s great to follow.

If you feel the need to use a chip shop analogy though, surely the chips are the men’s team and the pies are the women’s. Don’t waste a lot of time and effort on the pies until you’ve got the chips sorted. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

If you feel the need to use a chip shop analogy though, surely the chips are the men’s team and the pies are the women’s. Don’t waste a lot of time and effort on the pies until you’ve got the chips sorted. 

I've ignored the first part of your reply as it's just a personal dig and childish

I'll take you up on the second part though

A chip shop that opens and up and sells chips but doesn't want to sell pies yet until the chips are sorted - guess what? It doesn't develop, grow, expand, pull in more people (pie lovers) and doesn't make as much money

So yeah - my analogy is bang on the money

We've got people saying 'yeah we shouldn't sell pies until the chips are sorted' when in fact the chippy owner could just bang a pie in an oven and cook it and sell it WHILST sorting the chips out

What you're suggesting is that we can't do anything else until the mens team is 'sorted'  (whatever that means) 

So we can't improve the catering as that would be a distraction

We shouldn't be selling new kits - that's just a distraction

Can't have events on at the club like 'an evening with Darren Moore' because we've not sorted the mens team out yet

We can't be improving the megastore - too much of a distraction from improving the mens team

We can't be having an academy and developing youngsters as the mens team needs 'sorting' first

Or...

Or...

Dare I suggest this..

Is it just a womens team that you don't want to happen?

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I've ignored the first part of your reply as it's childish

I'll take you up on the second part though

A chip shop that opens and up and sells chips but doesn't want to sell pies yet until the chips are sorted - guess what? It doesn't develop, grow, expand, pull in more people (pie lovers) and doesn't make as much money

So yeah - my analogy is bang on the money

We've got people saying 'yeah we shouldn't sell pies until the chips are sorted' when in fact the chippy owner could just bang a pie in an oven and cook it and sell it WHILST sorting the chips out

What you're suggesting is that we can't do anything else until the mens team is 'sorted'  (whatever that means) 

So we can't improve the catering as that would be a distraction

We shouldn't be selling new kits - that's just a distraction

Can't have events on at the club like 'an evening with Darren Moore' because we've not sorted the mens team out yet

We can't be improving the megastore - too much of a distraction from improving the mens team

We can't be having an academy and developing youngsters as the mens team needs 'sorting' first

Or...

Or...

Is it just the womens team that you don't want to happen because it's a distraction?

You’re adding totally new elements to the argument that are part of the match day experience for some. I’ll ignore those. Nevertheless, that doesn’t take away that your analogy is not comparable to the issue being discussed.

You're equating spending, time and money, on the academy to a women’s team. When did someone from a women’s team progress to the men’s first team? Anywhere? They are different and have different levels of priority (or, if you like, importance).

If resources are unlimited, fine, buy an oven for some pies, but whilst the coffers are empty and your fryer’s broken focus on getting the fryer repaired.

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ps - we HAVE a womens team

Are you suggesting the fact we have one is the reason we got relegated?

No.

Are you suggesting that (for the majority of fans, of any team) success for the women’s team is as important as success for the men’s team?

You are going all over the place, defending things that just have not been suggested. Your chip shop is not a good analogy, or the way you have used it isn't.

If you run a chip shop and you sell fish and pies and stuff but you chips are crap.

The fish and pies can be merchandise and other stuff you think we want to get rid of but have not said anything about.

If you now want to start selling sweet potato fries, you really want to sort your basic chips out first or your spf may come out all greasy and undercooked too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

If resources are unlimited, fine, buy an oven for some pies, but whilst the coffers are empty and your fryer’s broken focus on getting the fryer repaired.

oh so now it's FINANCIAL??

lol

Keep em coming...

What's next? the health implications of having a womens team? 🤣

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

If you run a chip shop and you sell fish and pies and stuff but you chips are crap. 

The chips aren't crap though - they're still selling just fine
In fact there's been more customers for chips over the last 5 years despite the chippy putting the prices up than there were in the previous years

If the chips were that bad then the customers wouldn't keep coming back

But they do - in great numbers

So not sure why you're saying the chippy can't also chuck a pie or two in the oven

(the chippy owner has massively overspent on potatoes though - I grant you that)

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Because we have a womens team according to 'you lot'

Dave Allen was right about our fans

Cretins

*bangs fist on table*

lol

So true. 
As evidenced by 46% of the respondents to Q20.

*bangs head on wall*

lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Ps - we HAVE a womens team

Are you suggesting the fact we have one is the reason we got relegated?

Dont think anyone said anything of the sort.

I did suggest that Chansiri getting involved with them probably wouldn't do them any favours though.

But at the end of the day I don't buy pies from the chip shop.  They just aren't Very Important to me personally.  

By all means, have pies.  As you point out, we DO in fact have pies.  There's no need to get shirty and judgemental when other people just aren't that bothered about the pies one way or the other though.  Pies are not what they go to the chip shop for.

12 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

But at the end of the day I don't buy pies from the chip shop.  They just aren't Very Important to me personally.  

By all means, have pies.  As you point out, we DO in fact have pies.  There's no need to get shirty and judgemental when other people just aren't that bothered about the pies one way or the other though.  Pies are not what they go to the chip shop for.

Why are you getting all shirty and judgemental about what people do and don't go to the chip shop for?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

14 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Well there's a stataement that nobody ever expected to read in the football section of a football forum today

lol

Owlstalk Shop