• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  6. 6. Stuff the Chairman does

• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  7. 7. The Kit / Shirts the club releases each year

• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  8. 8. The badge the club has/uses (e.g. the old one or the new one)

• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  9. 9. How good the Megastore is and the stuff the club sells

• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  10. 10. Club communication with fans

• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  11. 11. Fans Forums / Meetings where fans can talk to club/chairman

• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  12. 12. I-Follow - the online service to watch/listen to games

• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  13. 13. Waterfront being the walkout music for games

• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  14. 14. The club being sustainable and breaking even/making a profit year on year

• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  15. 15. Sheffield Wednesday having a women's team

• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  16. 16. Going for promotion by all / any means necessary - even if it means taking risks with finances/overspending

• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  17. 17. Player Interviews before/after games or midweek

• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  18. 18. The quality of the SWFC Website

• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  19. 19. What fans of other clubs think about our fans / fanbase

• Very Important
    • Not Very Important
  20. 20. Owen Morrison getting a bronze statue outside Hillsborough for being our best EVER young player in our entire history

• Very Important
    • Very Important

11 hours ago, elyowl1 said:

Totally agree, in most cases debt is bad news. 

Not necessarily. I think this question should have been split in two. A business can be sustainable without breaking even/making a profit every year. Depends on the strength and execution of the business plan.

Good survey though👍

We need to be sustainably run, whilst trying to remain as competitive as possible within that budget. Cash helps clubs to be successful, but clubs can also be successful with the right management, philosophy, and frameworks in place. That is something this regime has got badly wrong.

If the regime are here for the medium/long term then they need to sort this out first. And they absolutely have to communicate better with the fans and get the right people in to make the football and business decisions.

The stadium is a relic and a bit of a shithole, our training facilities are poor, we have probably 1 stand out of 4 that is fit for purpose, but I’m realistic in that upgrading it is not going to be possible anytime soon in our current situation. We’re stuck with it and probably for decades. Getting it right on the pitch and the management structure is our main priority.

lol Not massively important but Waterfront IMO is one of several things that the club needs to modernise. This club and our fans are so stuck in the past in a lot of areas it’s embarrassing. We need new heroes, new songs, the players are young laddies and that rubbish is not going to get them going. A fine song choice for Waddle, Nilsson, Hirst etc but now it’s time to join the 21st century. Simple Minds are ancient, Celtic fans, it’s not even a club song FFS. Why are people so attached to it?

And I’m not sexist, or anti women’s football, but I’m sorry I’m really not fussed about the women’s team. I couldn’t name one player, the manager, I don’t know what league they play in, and I suspect like most on here I’ve never been to one of their games. I support Wednesday for the men’s team. Best of luck to them and I hope they are successful but is it important to me? No.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sefton owl said:

What do you mean by ‘stuff the chairman does’ exactly? You referring to the mechanisms he uses to manage the club, what he does outside the club, fan engagement etc

I guess it just means how interested are you in anything the chairman does. 
A roundabout way of asking if you're bothered about any of the politics or mechanisms he manages the club with etc or do you just wanna go to the match and have a pie and not read about/comment on anything he does

(clumsy quesiton that one I know)

Owlstalk Shop

56 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

Not necessarily. I think this question should have been split in two. A business can be sustainable without breaking even/making a profit every year. Depends on the strength and execution of the business plan. 

How important is it to you personally that the club is run sustainably 

• Very Important
  • Not Very Important

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Yes

Yes it is 

Because something is either very important to you or it’s not 

Is it very important to you??

HIT ‘very important’

If it isn’t press ‘not very important’

Christ almighty I have made it as simple as humanly possible here folks 

lol

Nothing related to Wednesday is SIMPLE apart from our owner…….lol 

Just now, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Owen Morrison was class in 2000/01 but it's a no from me. Moving to the pigs was disgraceful behaviour. 

Looks like you're in a tiny minority on this one though mate - pretty much everyone has voted how very important it is to them

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Old gimmers think that if you have a women’s team that something will be taken away from them/something else

Their brains can’t compute that you can (so so so easily) have a women’s team on top of what the club does 

Plus they ‘want their tea on the table by the time they get home’ etc etc

Basically 1979’s thinking in a 2021 fanbase 

Having a women's team is just not 'very important' to me, personally.

I don't go and watch them or know literally anything about them, other than that they exist.  

In all honesty, it's increasingly difficult to maintain much enthusiasm for the men's game, never mind the 'exactly the same, with all the same 'big name' clubs and the same money bullshit, except all the players are nowhere near as good' template that they seem intent on forcing women's football down.

• Like 1

I find it interesting that of all the aspects of our club, all the politics, the finance, the outrageous comments and actions of the chairman, the ticket pricing, the facilities at our club, the walkout music, the half time entertainment, and everything and anything else going on at the club, that it seems having a women's team is the one that is seemingly threatening some of our fans the most

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I find it interesting that of all the aspects of our club, all the politics, the finance, the outrageous comments and actions of the chairman, the ticket pricing, the facilities at our club, the walkout music, the half time entertainment, and everything and anything else going on at the club, that it seems having a women's team is the one that is seemingly threatening some of our fans the most

Well, perhaps if your survey wasn't entirely structured around 'this is very important to me personally' or 'literally every other position' you might have got a different result.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Well, perhaps if your survey wasn't entirely structured around 'this is very important to me personally' or 'literally every other position' you might have got a different result.

I'm not talking about the result of the vote though mate 

I fully expected straight white middle aged white men to vote that they're not bothered about a Womens team (sadly)

I'm talking about the ones who are choosing to discuss it (and ONLY that) in this comments section - like they're being personally threatened by the thought of a womens team existing

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not talking about the result of the vote though mate 

I fully expected straight white middle aged white men to vote that they're not bothered about a Womens team (sadly)

I'm talking about the ones who are choosing to discuss it (and ONLY that) in this comments section - like they're being personally threatened by the thought of a womens team existing

I mean, the thread is 90% people moaning that not enough people have voted it as 'very important', but sure.

• Like 1