SWFC Employee of the Month

Guest Grandad

Don't want to derail this thread but i've just seen the post above about Kivo and his last message in the refund thread.

I've got £110 on my balance for the 20/21 season. Basically I get my S/T and my mrs's. She was a student during the 20/21 season but isn't now, so her season ticket is dearer. Mine is cheaper than it was originally due to the relegation. So I have balance remaining on mine that I can't use to pay for hers.

If anyone is in touch with Kivo, i'd like to transfer the £110 to him to hopefully either help towards a S/T for him, or for him to use to pay for a couple of matches. I doubt the club would let me transfer the balance to his card but I'd be more than happy to transfer the cash to him and I'll just use the balance on my card for cup games myself, or over priced tat in the store. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Sorry, really sorry to be a party pooper here but the vast majority of people have no idea who does what at a football club and especially behind the scenes

So how is it quantified?

So many roles in a football club are not public facing, not publicised and probably not even known about - yet so very valuable in a club so how do these people get recognition?

Maybe if were to be just like a lottery draw then fair enough - but a merit award?

Really do not see how it can be reasonably judged tbh

• Like 3
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, scram said:

Sorry, really sorry to be a party pooper here but the vast majority of people have no idea who does what at a football club and especially behind the scenes

So how is it quantified?

So many roles in a football club are not public facing, not publicised and probably not even known about - yet so very valuable in a club so how do these people get recognition?

Maybe if were to be just like a lottery draw then fair enough - but a merit award?

Not a party pooper at all, you've just stated the obvious. A raffle would be out of the question as well as you'd never get the employees names. Noble suggestion though.

7 hours ago, scram said:

So how is it quantified?

Just along the lines of what I was going to post. Tbh I wouldn’t know anybody working behind the scenes, maybe see the odd name from the ticket office/shop but that’s it.

Oh and maybe programmes 3 quid but wouldn’t know his name

Guest Grandad

On reflection you guys are right.

Why should anybody get recognised for doing their job. This is a terrible idea

F*** em.

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

We are 100% doing this so for anyone not up for getting involved that’s fine - sit down. Shut up

Yes but won't someone please think about the staff behind the scenes. 

And Kivo #prayforkivo

Edited by Grandad

9 hours ago, bladeshater said:

He posted on here in the last couple of days and you  could tell he seemed a bit desperate I didn't want to push it but I think he could do with an helping hand d

what did he say when you messaged him offering to help him out?

Owlstalk Shop

8 hours ago, scram said:

So how is it quantified?

Obviously it would be staff who are fan facing and come into contact with our fanbase and offer great customer service or go the extra mile etc

Youre trying to overcomplicate something here that could not be simpler 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Obviously it would be staff who are fan facing and come into contact with our fanbase and offer great customer service or go the extra mile etc

Youre trying to overcomplicate something here that could not be simpler 

I'm with Scram on this 

Many of these people are on minimum wage. How the hell will they learn to progress in life if they get bonuses just for doing their job. 

F*** em. 

Put the knives away Grandad.

I think Scram was just making a valid point.

Doesn’t mean it’s not an idea that can’t evolve. 

We know some of what the customer facing staff do for us but not others. 

The kit men etc for example, having players undercrackers thrown at them and picking all their stuff up, on a normal wage whilst around millionaires etc. They’d deserve something too. 

As it happens that guy in the club shop, fair hair, buzz cut, been their a few years, he’s a top guy and would be my vote. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

Can I vote for new CEO in the category of ‘visibility’. 

You'd need more choices than just 'visible' or 'not visible'

You'd have to include 'not VERY visible' and 'VERY visible' and 'partly visible' otherwise some of our members would struggle to answer the question

Owlstalk Shop