Matchday prices announced

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

I expect the south to be pretty sparse next season 

Just how I like it 😉

No queue for the bogs, no need to sprint to the bar for a pint at half time and no running out of the best pies.

If it’s quiet enough you can sometimes even keep your lid for your bottle of pop!

1 minute ago, 0wl18 said:

What category is Oxford at home? 

No you don’t know the categories. This is a small step in the right direction. In terms of price. You’re complaining about something that hasn’t even happened!

Ok ..I reckon Sunderland at home will be Cat A...even if Sunderland are rock bottom...Lets wait and see...

Chansiri has to get fans back to Hillsborough...fans like me are irrelevent...I buy a season ticket every year...whatever division, but he has p*ssed off legions and the is unlikely to get them back without sacrificing season ticket holders like myself and getting fans through the gate...this hasn't gone far enough to do that in my opinion....

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sparky74 said:

Fair prices to be honest. I doubt they’ll be many Cat A games.

At least the new ticket prices will give the people that think you can still get in for £4.50 like in 1986 something to moan about.

£4.50 was disgusting in 1986.  Ripoff.  Was one shilling (5p) to go on T'Kop when I started in 1958.  And that was overmuch then.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Ok ..I reckon Sunderland at home will be Cat A...even if Sunderland are rock bottom...Lets wait and see...

Chansiri has to get fans back to Hillsborough...fans like me are irrelevent...I buy a season ticket every year...whatever division, but he has p*ssed off legions and the is unlikely to get them back without sacrificing season ticket holders like myself and getting fans through the gate...this hasn't gone far enough to do that in my opinion....

Congratulations you’ve just grasped basic economics. 

If we’re rock bottom, Sunderland/Lincoln/Donny/Rotherham will also be charging top whack. It’s simple supply and demand I’d be more pissed off if Chansiri made it a Cat D game tbh.

• Love 2

Football is a massively overpriced pass time where just about all clubs tap into the loyalty of the fans knowing they will cough up whatever 

Those prices are what I expected

It still ain’t cheap but they are not as bad as they could have been

Glad there is a bit more incentive to get the kids in. They are the ones we need in after the damage of the last few years

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Congratulations you’ve just grasped basic economics. 

If we’re rock bottom, Sunderland/Lincoln/Donny/Rotherham will also be charging top whack. It’s simple supply and demand I’d be more pissed off if Chansiri made it a Cat D game tbh.

Congratulations to yerself mate...You have just proved you can't hold an argument without recourse to having a dig..I don't give a flyer about Rotherham, Sunderland Donny nor Lincoln...I would rather sit next to an Owls fan who had paid even half what I have paid...cos he's an Owls fan...but you carry on boiling down following your home club to "basic economics"

This club is bleeding supprters....The new generation will be going to the Lane..and We are doing sod all to stop it

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I’ve had a good look and overall think prices are just about OK. Season tickets are still more favourable but the POTD prices shouldn’t put off people who might want to catch a few games if we are doing well. Pricing  for kids to go is decent and as long as there is a fair spread of games over the tiers then it doesn’t feel like things are crazy expensive, particularly for the Kop and North. I go on the south because I’m posh and don’t like too much noise. But my teenage lads have had a look and said they would fancy getting themselves on the Kop for a few games at the prices offered. 

The main determining factor of wether it’s good value or not is the quality of the football. If it’s absolutely dire then the prices are a rip off. If we are doing Ok and are decent to watch then they will seem fair. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

I’ve had a good look and overall think prices are just about OK. Season tickets are still more favourable but the POTD prices shouldn’t put off people who might want to catch a few games if we are doing well. Pricing  for kids to go is decent and as long as there is a fair spread of games over the tiers then it doesn’t feel like things are crazy expensive, particularly for the Kop and North. I go on the south because I’m posh and don’t like too much noise. But my teenage lads have had a look and said they would fancy getting themselves on the Kop for a few games at the prices offered. 

The main determining factor of wether it’s good value or not is the quality of the football. If it’s absolutely dire then the prices are a rip off. If we are doing Ok and are decent to watch then they will seem fair. 

Surprisingly good circular walk while sitting on a fence that mate...I doff me cap lol

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Congratulations to yerself mate...You have just proved you can't hold an argument without recourse to having a dig..I don't give a flyer about Rotherham, Sunderland Donny nor Lincoln...I would rather sit next to an Owls fan who had paid even half what I have paid...cos he's an Owls fan...but you carry on boiling down following your home club to "basic economics"

This club is bleeding supprters....The new generation will be going to the Lane..and We are doing sod all to stop it

One thing I'd like to have seen done is a free or half price ticket for say u12's with a full paying adult. That might encourage a bigger walk up from casual fans and would help with the younger generation.

Now I'm aware kids season tickets are cheap. But let's remember. Not everyone can or will make use of a season ticket due to other commitments.

• Like 2

Just now, asteener1867 said:

You’re spouting rubbish. We’re 11 years on from our last game in league one and, the prices are £4 more expensive. We’re bleeding nothing. We have a very fair pricing structure in line with the majority of the league. You’re getting yourself in a pickle over the club doing something positive for once. 

With regards to the comment in hold above, I’m not sure your sentiments will be shared by every season ticket holder. If you paid 10k for a car and, the same garage sold me an identical car for 5k, you’d be happy with that cause I’m an owls fan?

• Like 1
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

The new generation will be going to the Lane..and We are doing sod all to stop it

It’s a fair enough thing to worry about but I don’t think the ticket prices are the main contributor to this. The main problem is we will probably be getting beaten by Cheltenham Town whereas Bramal Lanes residents will probably be watching them around the top two all season and maybe prem again the season after. It’s the awfulness of the football that ultimately is killing the club. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Surprisingly good circular walk while sitting on a fence that mate...I doff me cap lol

I like to think of it as a ‘balanced approach’, but I am definitely fence sitting at the moment! It’s all about what I’m getting for the money that bothers me. Getting hammered 3-0 by Shrewsbury at £5 would feel expensive. Us battering Sunderland 4-0 would be worth every pound of £32. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, 0wl18 said:

You’re spouting rubbish. We’re 11 years on from our last game in league one and, the prices are £4 more expensive. We’re bleeding nothing. We have a very fair pricing structure in line with the majority of the league. You’re getting yourself in a pickle over the club doing something positive for once. 

With regards to the comment in hold above, I’m not sure your sentiments will be shared by every season ticket holder. If you paid 10k for a car and, the same garage sold me an identical car for 5k, you’d be happy with that cause I’m an owls fan?

I'm absolutely certain my sentiments won't be held by every season ticket holder mate.....Nor do I hold any affiliation to a bloody garage  but I do through generations hold an affiliation to Sheffield Wednesday football club...I see it as a family...and I see some of that family as disenfrancised by the chairman of that club....I would happily sit next to a member of that "family"...irrespective of the price paid.

Its called philanthropy....I have been through several years of not being able to afford what I more or less see as a right of passage to watch Sheffield Wednesday if you want to..I will never forget my 3 years in the wilderness...Even to the point of sitting outside the ground and popping in to watch the last 15 minutes regardless of the score.

Do we still have the same clown of a Chairman? Doesn't matter what the prices are as long as he is running the club. My assumption is that if the team start getting a few results and is in and around the play off places then more games will become category A so he can rinse a few more quid out of the customers.

• Like 1