Strikers

4 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I get his young and we’ll thought after but comparing him to Harry Kane because they both play for Tottenham and play centre forward is blind hope at this stage the comparison to George Hirst is the same just at the other end of the spectrum 

Just to clarify, it is my Spurs supporting mates who tell me that Parrott has been considered as good as Kane through his youth development with the club. He’s scored more goals than games played  through their youth system. 

i’d say comparing Hirst scoring goals for owls youth teams against Crewe players, to Parrott scoring against the elite young players in the country and Europe is just as silly.  Transfermarket has Parrott valued at £3.25m, and Hirst is £700k, I’d say people outside of the owls realise there is a big difference in the two players ability and potential and comparing the two is quite insulting to Parrott. But it’s all about opinions and I will stand corrected if Hirst scores more goals next season to Parrott, once they are sent out on loan 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ronio said:

I would like us to sign that 6 foot 8 striker Hudlin.  

Definitely worth a punt.  Lots of potential. 

Imagine set pieces with players like Iorfa, Dunkley added with the potential of 6 foot 5 Opoku and Hudlin.  

We would score more than plenty.  

Yeah, he caught my eye as soon as I read about him being linked.

I've never seen him play other than the obligatory highlight reel (yeah, yeah...I know!), but something about having a 6'8" centre forward just really appeals to me - even if he's not that great on the ball, he'd still be a nightmare to defend against due to his height alone.

:duntmatter:

• Like 1

Is there any chance that the Borner sale would allow us to throw a small fee at Solihull for Hudlin do you think? We 

need two Strikers anyway so maybe him or Parrott and one of the older heads mentioned at the start of the thread to help bring them along? As long as the wages and desire are right. 

25 minutes ago, wiseoldowl said:

Kyle Hudlin

Found an article yesterday, where Carlton Palmer (again) was saying how good Hudlin is, and how a host of clubs should be looking at signing such a player with his attributes and goalscoring abilities, as he's a rare commodity with his size, speed and all types of goals he scores.

Randomly, also said that we would be trying to sign him in August....dont know why August would change anything? Perhaps something to do with his contract maybe, who knows? Transfer fee from Borner deal, Shaw compensation being paid then? Dont know. Anyway, can't find the article anywhere now and sure I didn't dream it....we'll see, just odd it's vanished, and sure it was FLW (football league world).

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yeah, he caught my eye as soon as I read about him being linked.

I've never seen him play other than the obligatory highlight reel (yeah, yeah...I know!), but something about having a 6'8" centre forward just really appeals to me - even if he's not that great on the ball, he'd still be a nightmare to defend against due to his height alone.

:duntmatter:

I like him, fits the type of players we are looking for, fits the type of player I bet Moore would love to develop.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TbagMcgraw said:

Found an article yesterday, where Carlton Palmer (again) was saying how good Hudlin is, and how a host of clubs should be looking at signing such a player with his attributes and goalscoring abilities, as he's a rare commodity with his size, speed and all types of goals he scores.

Randomly, also said that we would be trying to sign him in August....dont know why August would change anything? Perhaps something to do with his contract maybe, who knows? Transfer fee from Borner deal, Shaw compensation being paid then? Dont know. Anyway, can't find the article anywhere now and sure I didn't dream it....we'll see, just odd it's vanished, and sure it was FLW (football league world).

Would love Hudlin. Really hope we can sign him somehow. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Only club not to bother with strikers for two seasons now. Moore doesn't seem in a rush to get any either. 

Bizarre 

Moore's got 'irons in the fire' regarding strikers apparently...cant post a link though, as I'm fick, but article on the 72.co.uk

25 minutes ago, TbagMcgraw said:

Is it this one?

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/carlton-palmer-reacts-to-sheffield-wednesdays-reported-transfer-interest-in-9-goal-forward/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The more I think about it, the more I think it makes sense to go for him if we can.

Are we able to offer any kind of fee, though?

I've always thought that each individual transfer would have to be sanctioned by the EFL, whether that allows us to sign a player for a fee, I simply don't know.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

If we sold Windass for 1m you would have been doing your nut on here.  

I’d have accepted it. Profit on a player who doesn’t really fit Moore’s system and I’m not sure wants to be here.

As long as we reinvested, I think it would have been very good business.

I remember a few on here having a pop at me and said QPR will come back in for more money. Well he’s injured. They won’t now. 

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’d have accepted it. Profit on a player who doesn’t really fit Moore’s system and I’m not sure wants to be here.

As long as we reinvested, I think it would have been very good business.

I remember a few on here having a pop at me and said QPR will come back in for more money. Well he’s injured. They won’t now. 

If he comes back fit and scores goals at the same rate or better given the level he's now playing at the injury might have done us a favour.  We need decent players.