Dejphon Chansiri indicates major change in financial direction for Sheffield Wednesday

Guest Grandad

Saw this coming as soon as he appointed Moore. I saw some stories doing the rounds that when Pulis was sacked, we had scouts watch Doncaster for a month or so before he was appointed. I’d like to bet due diligence was done on his time at WBA including his spell involved with their Academy. There was no way the Chairman would pay compensation for a manager like he did for Moore unless

A) he was anything less than 100% convinced he was the right man for the job.

and

B) he was going to give him a significant length of time to do the job that is necessary.

So in a nutshell, the future IMO is Moore staying in the job regardless of results and fan opinion and a focus on building the club up from top to bottom including investment and a focus on the academy and facilities that we haven’t been seen before and have been long overdue but as always all of the above could just be b*ll**ks?

• Love 1

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm sick of hearing his bullsh*t, to be frank.

“If we don’t push, the fans are going to moan, ‘Oh you don’t have any ambition’. If we push of course we need to take risks.

“What do the fans want me to do, they want me to push but then they say, ‘Oh you can’t break FFP’. It is impossible. It’s just £13m [the FFP-permitted loss per year in the Championship], it’s impossible."

It's always the fans' fault, isn't it?

Who gives a sh*t if the fans moan!? Fans always bloody moan!

Just run the club in a sensible, sustainable manner which doesn't entail transfer embargoes, points deductions, selling Hillsborough stadium, allowing almost every single asset to walk away for nothing after running down their contract etc...

And stop blaming the fans for your incompetence.

This 100% ^^^^^

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jim said:

So in a nutshell, the future IMO is Moore staying in the job regardless of results and fan opinion

No way - Dejphon always acts if he thinks the fans might moan.

🙄

It's just a shame he never seems to notice us moaning about our failure to recoup decent transfer fees, or employing four managers in one season...

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

The only way we are going to be sustainable as a club, is to buy cheap, improve, and then sell for profit. That means an overhaul of both the Academy and our scouting networks, and our business model. It can be done, but we won't see any payback from this within the next two years if we had everything in place today. And we haven't.

Whose fault is that? Who didn't have the foresight or business knowledge to realise that all businesses - forget this BS about football being different to any other business - need to operate on profit to continue and grow? Did DC live on Planet Zog prior to taking over? Because that is the only way anyone would not know and understand the huge financial burden a football club places on its owner(s). Therefore, sustainability is the only way to survive and progress. He should have put that in place first and foremost, before risking and wasting his money, and ultimately our club.

2 hours ago, mogbad said:

One way of helping to make the club self sustainable is to make sure your brightest prospects are well looked after and tied down well before their contracts expire.

Thus ensuring the club generates a tidy sum should they be sold on.

Dawson???

• Love 1

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

I can’t even get the link to open. Neither through this post nor through directly logging on to The Star. I get the cookies acceptance page then a frozen screen. I suspect their server has insufficient capacity.

It's probably for the best.

Reading more of Dejphon's bullsh*t has done nothing for my blood pressure.

• Like 1

Ive said it many times on here before and I'll say it again that Im not putting a single penny, not a skerrick, not a bean into SWFC while the incompetent narcissist man baby is in charge of the club. I suspect that there are 1000's more like that as well, so he is going to be operating on vastly reduced turnover regardless of what division we are playing in. Hopefully this will accelerate his departure from the club.

Do one DC you absolute muppet.

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's probably for the best.

Reading more of Dejphon's bullsh*t has done nothing for my blood pressure.

That bad huh? Oh well, when The Star has a professional website, maybe I’ll get chance to read it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Ive said it many times on here before and I'll say it again that Im not putting a single penny, not a skerrick, not a bean into SWFC while the incompetent narcissist man baby is in charge of the club. I suspect that there are 1000's more like that as well, so he is going to be operating on vastly reduced turnover regardless of what division we are playing in. Hopefully this will accelerate his departure from the club.

Do one DC you absolute muppet.

Didn’t he once promise to go when he realised he was no longer wanted here?

6 minutes ago, megsonstheman said:

Dawson???

Ha ha, yes, it does rely on the people making those decisions having a modicum of common sense. Plus I’d go as far as saying that when Dawson was given his contract he was showing more signs of being a liability than a prospect.

• Like 1

What a load of cr4p he speaks.

If he understood football is a buying and selling business and looked after his assets then he wouldn’t have had to cheat only to end up relegated.

Thick as phook.

23 minutes ago, Jim said:

Saw this coming as soon as he appointed Moore. I saw some stories doing the rounds that when Pulis was sacked, we had scouts watch Doncaster for a month or so before he was appointed. I’d like to bet due diligence was done on his time at WBA including his spell involved with their Academy. There was no way the Chairman would pay compensation for a manager like he did for Moore unless

A) he was anything less than 100% convinced he was the right man for the job.

and

B) he was going to give him a significant length of time to do the job that is necessary.

So in a nutshell, the future IMO is Moore staying in the job regardless of results and fan opinion and a focus on building the club up from top to bottom including investment and a focus on the academy and facilities that we haven’t been seen before and have been long overdue but as always all of the above could just be b*ll**ks?

That would be nice.

But incompetent micromanaging arrogant fools don't magically stop being incompetent micromanaging arrogant fools just because they run out of money.

Chansiri isn't equipped to run that kind of football club any more than he is equipped to spend a bunch of money on going for promotion.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Ha ha, yes, it does rely on the people making those decisions having a modicum of common sense. Plus I’d go as far as saying that when Dawson was given his contract he was showing more signs of being a liability than a prospect.

Go back and read the threads saying Celtic/Rangers we’re in for him on pre contract December 2019 I think. Most believed he wouldn’t be able to turn down the big money on offer despite loyalty to club. Many many posters wanted him to sign an extension and wanted club to get him signed up. Hindsight is great!! 

9 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Pedantic point.

It's a C change, not a sea change as per article.

C because it's like a car track turning round and heading back to starting point (as we were under Mandaric).

'Sea change' has a widely-accepted meaning and fits the context in which it's being used perfectly, though.

'C change' isn't a widely-understood term...in fact, I'm not so sure it's even a term. It's not in any of my dictionaries, anyway.

8 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Ok so appoint a CEO and pay the fans their dues.

It is action that is required not words.

Not aiming it at you but I see it said a lot that we need a CEO or DOF but clearly Chansiri can't work with senior figures as has proven in the past. So for me he needs to change his personality and accept a structure throughout the club. I reckon we could bring some of the best staff in senior positions but it would be pointless because they'd never work with the dictator.