Transfer rumours (BIG)

10 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Biggest understatement? He played for Palace, Leeds, and Bradford and scored a goal in a championship play off final. 

He’s hardly Frank Lampard. 

Like I said, remind me again who he scored against in that play off final

3 hours ago, jp1981 said:

We tried to sign Dennis Hopper! Wow never even knew he played football. lol

Oh yeah it's a typo I was talking about the American cafe painter Edward Hopper. Sadly he's dead now but he could still do a job for us I'm sure.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

Lombardo played for us in the Intertoto Cup then signed for Palace. 

This didn't actually happen did it? I went to 3/4 of those games and he wasn't in any of the games I saw

We played in the Intertoto cup in 1995, he signed for Palace in 97.

Spoke to Francis at one of those evenings said he’d asked about shearer and told Dave Richards we’d get success and guaranteed him we’d make lots on him! Also Deane was very close to signing and only Leeds coming in at last min ( his hometown club) stopped it happening! Remember being linked with basil boli the french cb who nutted Stuart Pearce at euro 92 think he was at rangers at the time 

12 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I remember Pierre Van Hooijdonk bring heavily linked, I was so excited. Obviously came to nothing. 

Was in the players lounge after a cup game against Stockport at Home at the time of this rumour. And he walked in !!! 

After that thought this is nailed on to happen. Turned out he was just massive mates with Jonk and boycotting Forest games ! Gutted

4 hours ago, TbagMcgraw said:

Just read that Lombardo went on to become Palace's player manager for a bit..with Thomas Brolin as his assistant😂, and also stuck with them after being relegated.

Let's be honest, Premier League football in the 90's was brilliant! Great for us like, but Signing a foreign player felt magical! Reaching the Premier League wouldn't ever feel the same again today, so i'm glad I have those memories.

I remember us being linked with Karel Poborsky after his wonder goal at Hillsborough in Euro 96, but he went to Man Ure.

Think Poborsky goal was at Villa Park?

Unless you mean Suker which was at Hillsborough, and his fantastic shot from the half way line.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Think Poborsky goal was at Villa Park?

Unless you mean Suker which was at Hillsborough, and his fantastic shot from the half way line.

Yep, you're right! 

Please don't show me up on here again🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gob_Bluth said:

This didn't actually happen did it? I went to 3/4 of those games and he wasn't in any of the games I saw

We played in the Intertoto cup in 1995, he signed for Palace in 97.

Lombardo most certainly did NOT play for us in the Intertoto Cup. In the first game we struggled to even get a full team together and ended up borrowing a few from other clubs, including John Pearson in his twilight years. After that, it was the regular squad.

• Like 1

We got beaten to a player called Dani back in the 1990's by some club called Barcelona.

We had a left back on trial called Japp Stam but we didnt rate him.

Everyone remember cantona

But we were meant to sign Jorge Cadette from Celtic and came back with Di Canio. 

In the summer of 99 Wilson tried to sign Andrei Kanchelskis, Neil Lennon, Michael Mols, Oyvind Leonhardson and Marcus Gayle and ended up with none of them 😂

Edited by Django
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Django said:

In the summer of 99 Wilson tried to sign Andrei Kanchelskis, Neil Lennon, Michael Mols, Oyvind Leonhardson and Marcus Gayle and ended up with none of them 😂

i remember them.  

How could I forget.